Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert/expand data/rows in a file, with rules?? Post 302482222 by michaelrozar17 on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 01:03:00 AM
Old 12-21-2010
does this help...?
Code:
awk 'NR==1||/[0-9]+/{print $1,$3}' inputfile > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, insert data from a file to another?

Hello, I have 2 files. File1 has data I wrote, and File2 is a file created by an application. I would like to insert the data from File1 into File2, but it has to be inserted at a certain location on File2. I know I need to search for "</jsp-param> </jsp-descriptor>" But I don't know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

find the position in a file and insert the data there

Hi, I have a EDI data file ARROWTEST of size 18246 characters. And I want to insert some data after 4200 position in the file. How I can find the position 4200 in that file....Please advise. Regards, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert new line in the data file using the script

Hi all, I have a test.dat file.In that file i have many lines of data. IN between some lines i want to insert a new line while running the test.ksh. Say for ex: In the dat file i have data like N001 100.00 N001 200.00 N001 300.00 N001 400.00 <== After this line i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sona
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

chop a data file into rows

A very naive question... I have a file which has many rows and many columns and I would like to chop off the rows and create a new file per row named after the first column of every row + 1. The data files look like: # Donades de la trajectoria de la particula 60001 # 1:T 2:Massa 3:Rx 4:Ry 5:Rz... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert rows with some rules??

Hi, I am rather new to Unix/Linus. I have this problem that I would like to solve using unix. Here is what I have start stop expression 1 5 15 2 6 10 I want a output like this position expression 1 15 2 25 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wanghlv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert rows of text into a file after pattern

SHELL=bash OS=rhel I have a file1 that contains text in sentences like so: file1 this is a sentence this is a sentence this is a sentence I also have a file2 like so: file2 command=" here is some text here is more text again we have some text " I wish to echo the text from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge rows in bid data file

Dear all, Please help me ,,,, if I have input file like this A_AA960715 leucine-rich repeat-containing protein GO:0006952 defense response P A_AA960715 leucine-rich repeat-containing protein GO:0008152 metabolic process P A_AA960715 leucine-rich... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert data in a file at last?

Hi Am Using Unix ksh... I have file name called FILE1 Have a content in a FILE as 11/01/2012 12/07/2012 -- -- I have used one variable DATE=12/11/2012 I wants to insert DATE variable value at last line in a file I need Output as cat FILE1 11/01/2012 12/07/2012 -- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)