Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with threads in C
Top Forums Programming problem with threads in C Post 302481957 by Sevco777 on Monday 20th of December 2010 09:26:39 AM
Old 12-20-2010
Thanks a lot jim.
Can I have a question that if some threads end before another is create, can I join them in some way please?

[I]there I create some

for (i = 0; i < NUM_E; i++)
{
pthread_create(&t_elves, NULL, f_elves, (void *)i);
}

and while are some threads creating, another can end but still isn't join, becouse I join these threads after I create them

- only one solution I have in my mind, that I can join that thread in another. Or is there other solution please ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

old threads

Neo, if I have an old thread that is a few months old, and a few pages back in the forum it was posted in, is it ok to 'bump' it back to the front? or, would you rather i deleted the old thread, and just create a new one? btw the thread has no replies. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threads

i am tring to sort lots of data thats in many columns by just one column but, if I use sort +16 inputfile the column fluctuates because some of the rows have spaces etc within the text, so the end result is just a mess as it jumps around the columns depending whether it has spaces or not ....ie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
2 Replies

3. Solaris

threads

Hi all! 1)Is there a way to write a program that will work on both solaris and intel based machines. 2)How can I achive this for a program that creates and synchronizes three threads. Thank you. vij. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How many threads do I use ?

Hi, I have a program that has two types of threads: 1) Reader threads 2) Worker Threads Readers: Their only job is to read files. They just read data from the files and put them into a buffer. They are obviously I/O intensive. Workers: These are CPU intensive. They do some computation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

6. Programming

Threads help

Hello! I started studying studying about POSIX Threads a few days ago... so I am a little confused and I would appreciate some help! I isolated this code... and I wonder if I could use threads in it! #include <unistd.h> #endif #include <math.h> //#include "main.h" #include <sys/time.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurf2
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl v5.8.5 Threads Problem

Hi Unix gurus, I am facing a threading problem in Perl. I have a worker thread in perl in which I am calling a shell script. The shell script echo's output to the Standard Output from time to time as it progresses. In the worker thread, I am unable to display the echo statement of shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

%Internal DCE Threads problem (version CMA BL10+)

Hi, I have a module by the name gateway, and it core dumps and gives a cma_dump.log file which says: %Internal DCE Threads problem (version CMA BL10+), terminating execution. % Reason: dispatch: no available VP (uniprocessor) The current thread is 3 (address 0x40107c40) DECthreads... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanz
0 Replies

9. Programming

Java Threads

Hi guys, I want to start studding about java threads. but the only book available on the market is "Java Threads" by O'Reilly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with timely execution of threads...

Hi Guys, We are having one multi-threaded application. The scenario is as follows: --------------------------------- Client 1 | APP Server -------------- Client 2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 14341
1 Replies