Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find untagged audio files? Post 302481833 by MrZehl on Monday 20th of December 2010 04:47:04 AM
Old 12-20-2010
How to find untagged audio files?

I've quite a collection audio files, mostly flac. In Rythmbox there are a files with no tags filled or filled with describing names as Track 01. I can look for properties to see which file it is and tag it with Easytag. But that quite time consuming.
Is there a command line or a simple set of commands to find all flacs with an empty tag(artist,title,tracknumber,album) and tags which contains one of the words 'track' or 'unknown' (case insensitive).

The following commmands show the tags of flac and mp3 for example:
Code:
metaflac --export-tags-to=- "$FLACFILE"
id3 -l -R "$MP3FILE"

The output is comparable but not the same. Could they two be combined in one line? Some like find ... | sed ... ?

Here are example outputs:

Code:
~$ metaflac --export-tags-to=- 01.\ The\ Florida\ Airport\ Tape.flac 
ARTIST=Frank Zappa
TITLE=The Florida Airport Tape
ALBUM=You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Vol. 1, Disc 1
DATE=1988
TRACKNUMBER=01
GENRE=Rock
COMMENT=Track 1

~$ id3 -l -R 01\ -\ Alex\ Roeka\ -\ Het\ schip\ genaamd\ \'de\ Nacht\'.mp3 
Filename: 01 - Alex Roeka - Het schip genaamd 'de Nacht'.mp3
Title: Het Schip Genaamd 'De Nacht'  
Artist: Alex Roeka                    
Album: Wildernis                     
Year:     
Genre: Other (12)
Track: 1
Comment: Het~Nachtdier

Maybe there is already a tool for this, but I like to know how to do this on the command line or in a script. It would be very helpful for other scripts I want to write. I just started to discover the possibilities of bash. And I have a long way to go. Smilie

Last edited by radoulov; 12-20-2010 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Added example outputs; radoulov: added code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Playing Audio files in C

Hi All, Looking for an assistance on how to access the speakers of my machine and play audio files using C. Any tutorials will be of great help. Regards, Sayantan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sayantan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Audio Files With Specific Bandwidth?

Hi, I would like to write a shell script that will: -search the files of a specific user to find any audio files with a bandwidth iqual or greater than 192 kps - on the results i should see the file name along with all the whole file route and each file's size So I guess i should be using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubu-user
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating audio files server side

Hi All, I have next to zero knowledge on what I am about to ask so I will just ask it in plain English :) I am wondering how best to go about manipulating audio files server side. The manipulations required are join files one after the other, eg, audio1 + audio2 + audio3 + audio4 = audio5 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgoat
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove untagged and junk data from an XML

Hi All , I have seen a lot of code samples which suggest how to remove the junk data from and XML , I need a code in unix which removes the junk characters as well as the valid characters those are not in XML tags , for example my XML is as follows : <?xml version="1.0"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
lltag_config(5) 						File Formats Manual						   lltag_config(5)

NAME
config - Configuration file for lltag DESCRIPTION
The following options may be stored in /etc/lltag/config or the user's $HOME/.lltag/config, or in any file passed with --config. Such a configuration file may also be generated with --gencfg. Obtaining tags format = "string" Add a user-defined format [-R]. Might be used multiple times. Default is to guess if no user-defined formats and no default field values are given. guess = <0/1> Try to guess if user-defined formats do not match [-G]. Default is 0 (disabled) when no user-defined formats and no explicit values are given. tag = <TAG=value> Add an explicit tag [--tag]. Might be used multiple times. Tweaking filename parsing no_path = <0/1> Do not use file path when matching filename [-p]. Default is 0 (disabled). spaces = <0/1> Allow no or multiple spaces [--spaces]. Default is 0 (disabled). Cleaning obtained tags edit = <0/1> Edit tags immediately [--edit]. Default is 0 (disabled). maj = <0/1> Upcase first letters of words in tags [--maj]. Default is 0 (disabled). regexp = "s/from/to/" Replace from with to in all tags. title,number:s/from/to/ replaces in title and number tags only. Might be used multiple times [--regexp]. Default is to not apply any regexp. sep = "string" Replace |-separated strings with space in tags. Default is to not replace any separator. Configuration of tag application type = <mp3|ogg|flac|none> Force mp3, ogg of flac instead of by-extension detection [--mp3, --ogg and --flac]. Default is none. clear_tags = <0/1> Clear all tags of audio files. [--clear]. Default is 0 (disabled). append_tags = <0/1> Append tags only instead of replacing old ones. [--append]. Default is 0 (disabled). no_tagging = <0/1> Do not actually tag files [--no-tagging]. Default is 0 (disabled). preserve_time = <0/1> Preserve file modification time during tagging [--preserve-time]. Default is 0 (disabled). Renaming rename_format = "string" Rename file according to format [--rename]. Default is to not rename. rename_min = <0/1> Lowcase tags before renaming [--rename-min]. Default is 0 (disabled). rename_regexp = "s/from/to/" Replace from with to in all tags before renaming. title,number:s/from/to/ replaces in title and number tags only. Might be used multiple times [--rename-regexp]. Default is to not apply any regexp. rename_sep = "string" Replace spaces with a string in tags before renaming [--rename-sep]. Default is to not replace any separator. rename_slash = "string" Replace slashes with a string in tags before renaming [--rename-slash]. Default is to replace with a dash. rename_ext = <0/1> Assume the rename format provides an extension [--rename-ext]. Default is 0 (disabled). Miscellaneous dry_run = <0/1> Do nothing but show what would have been done [--dry-run]. Default is 0 (disabled). yes = <0/1> Tag without asking for confirmation when guessing and rename without asking for confirmation [--yes]. Default is 0 (disabled). ask = <0/1> Always ask for confirmation before tagging [--ask]. Default is 0 (disabled). recursive = <0/1> Recursively traverse all given subdirectories [-R]. Default is 0 (disabled). verbose = <integer> Message verbosity level [-v and -q]. Default is 0 (only important messages). Other possible values are 1 (show usage information when a menu is displayed for the first time) and 2 (always show usage information before a menu appears). CDDB configuration cddb_server_name = hostname Change the CDDB server name. Default is www.freedb.org. cddb_server_port = <port> Change the CDDB server port. Default is 80 (HTTP). SEE ALSO
lltag(1) The config template file provided within the documentation directory. AUTHOR
Brice Goglin NOVEMBER 2006 lltag_config(5)