Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Migrate NIS Unix to Linux, possible ? Post 302481813 by baramine1664 on Monday 20th of December 2010 03:15:00 AM
Old 12-20-2010
Hi cjcox, thanks you Smilie

Actually, I use an NIS Ubuntu; but I know Suse and it is possible to use this OS.

Thanks for advices. I can use DNS for hosts resolution. I have some questions : is it possible add : passwd, group, netgroup and maps , without destroy existing files in my actually OS ? Example with the command : cp source destination. You have a procedure ?

Today, i want to re-test the injection Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux redhat and solaris NIS+

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone had success with installing a redhat linux (PC box) on a Solaris NIS+ network. I have gotten information on how to do this but have been unsuccessful. The information that I have gotten is a little out dated and is not 100%. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nis plus on linux redhat

Hello all, I wanted to know if any one had successfully install nis+ utils and use nis+ client on a linux (redhat) and have a Solaris nis+ server. I am able to install the client software on the linux and am able to see the nis+ tables. The passwd tables' works file but the auto_master and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add linux to NIS (unix) domain

I've set up a NIS domain with unix as master-server, slave server and clients. right now i wish to add linux client to the NIS domain. the linux client has got username and password in it. how do i go about it? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error trying to migrate NIS servers

I have copied and verified all the NIS data over from Machine 'A' (Old server) to Machine 'B' (New server), however when I go to start the process of migrating the ‘new maps' back to Machine "A", I get the following error, any ideas? I type on Machine 'A': /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypxfr -h otslw007... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Migrate HPUX print qeues to red hat linux

I was hoping somebody could help. I am looking to merge around 150 print queues on a hpux server to a red hat linux workstation. RHEL is using cups as a backend. Has anyone had success with this yet? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dillzz
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrate HPUX print qeues to red hat linux

I was hoping somebody could help. I am looking to merge around 150 print queues on a hpux server to a red hat linux workstation. RHEL is using cups as a backend. Has anyone had success with this yet? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillzz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux NIS sever not binding with Solaris client

I am installing a NIS master server with a linux SLES 10 SP1. And it was pretty straight forward. (Simple since it GUI ) The server can bind to itself when issue with ypwhich command. But on solaris 10 box, I set up the defaultdomain (/etc/defaultdomain) and also issue ypinit -c to startup the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX NIS Client to Linux

Hi, I have a trouble with configure NIS Client on AIX, my NIS server is on a Linux machine. After configure, some old NIS account could login normally. However, after I create new account from NIS server, I could not login with the new account, but could only su to that account. And I could view... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloneattack
20 Replies

9. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Experience sharing and questions for NIS migration from Solaris 8 to Linux

I'd like to share some experiences and what I found for NIS migration from Solaris 8 NIS to Linux platform. I'm not an expert for both platforms, it's just when I tested both systems and found something really tricky. That might takes a lot of time for you to find the root cause. So, I think I can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
11 Replies