Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ArchLinux - GUI (DE) set to boot up Post 302481726 by looop on Sunday 19th of December 2010 12:04:13 PM
Old 12-19-2010
Eeh not right now - she is in Southern Germnay and I'am in mid Denmark...
But we have change nothing in it

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i set up dual boot again, possible virus caused problems...

ok well last night "something" caused by computer to "flip out"...i noticed that it seemed to be in dos but there was allot of info displaying on the screen real fast and after turning it off i was told there was no hard disk detected... so after talking to tech support i got windows up and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Set up solaris boot server only

Is it possible to set up a boot server only ( no install server ) for booting up the systems from network for recovery purposes ? What are the steps included for it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Make another set of root(/), /boot, /home and other partitions?

Hello, As a purely learning purpose I am trying to make another set of partitions along my existing Ubuntu11.10 box. The reason to do this partition is to try a new Linux system by myself following "Linux From Scratch" (LFS). Because the instruction of LFS seems for very advanced user (I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Custom-Spin doesnt boot to GUI when /etc/skel is changed

Heyas So i have my custom Fedora with AwesomeWM spin with alots of customizations using the kickstart method for a liveimage. A few weeks (2-3 months) ago, i've done some changes i cannot remember. Those changes made the image from bootable to gui, to not booting to gui any more. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

7. Linux

[archLinux] keymap not applied?

Heyas -Just- installed Arch, and having difficulties to understand why my keyboard layout still is en_US, eventhough i had set it to be de_CH. *UTF-8 obviously* This applies to console AND X. * https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_guide#Console_font_and_keymap *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)