Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Job is taking long time
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Job is taking long time Post 302481665 by Corona688 on Saturday 18th of December 2010 11:01:14 PM
Old 12-19-2010
What code is actually run on the server? And what OS and DBSM is involved? You might be able to trace it, see what system call it's blocking on...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

login process taking a long time

I'm having a bit of a login performance issue.. wondering if anyone has any ideas where I might look. Here's the scenario... Linux Red Hat ES 4 update 5 regardless of where I login from (ssh or on the text console) after providing the password the system seems to pause for between 30... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: retlaw
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Taking Too Long

I'm new from UNIX scripting. Please help. I have about 10,000 files from the $ROOTDIR/scp/inbox/string1 directory to compare with the 50 files from /$ROOTDIR/output/tma/pnt/bad/string1/ directory and it takes about 2 hours plus to complete the for loop. Is there a better way to re-write the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanie123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

<AIX>Problem in purge script, taking very very long time to complete 18.30hrs

Hi, I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gref -f taking long time for big file

grep -f taking long time to compare for big files, any alternate for fast check I am using grep -f file1 file2 to check - to ckeck dups/common rows prsents. But my files contains file1 contains 5gb and file 2 contains 50 mb and its taking such a long time to compare the files. Do we have any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkskumar
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Re-sync Taking Extremely Long.

It's almost 3 days now and my resync/re-attach is only at 80%. Is there something I can check in Solaris 10 that would be causing the degradation. It's only a standby machine. My live system completed in 6hrs. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
9 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find out bottleneck if system is taking long time in gzip

Dear All, OS = Solaris 5.10 Hardware Sun Fire T2000 with 1 Ghz quode core We have oracle application 11i with 10g database. When ever i am trying to take cold backup of database with 55GB size its taking long time to finish. As the application is down nobody is using the server at all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoojamu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls is taking long time to list

Hi, All the data are kept on Netapp using NFS. some directories are so fast when doing ls but few of them are slow. After doing few times, it becomes fast. Then again after few minutes, it becomes slow again. Can you advise what's going on? This one directory I am very interested is giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

From past 10 days my one job is taking lots of time

One of my job is taking long running time. I need to identify from the unix log file can you please help how to troubleshoot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rm -rf is taking very long, will it timeout?

I have so many (hundreds of thousands) files and directories within this one specific directory that my "rm -rf" command to delete them has been taking forever. I did this via the SSH, my question is: if my SSH connection times out before rm -rf finishes, will it continue to delete all of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
5 Replies
QSTAT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  QSTAT(1)

NAME
qstat - display job/partition information in a familiar pbs format SYNOPSIS
qstat [-f] [-a|-i|-r] [-n [-1]] [-G|-M] [-u user_list] [-? | --help] [--man] [job_id...] qstat -Q [-f] qstat -q DESCRIPTION
The qstat command displays information about jobs. OPTIONS
-a Displays all jobs in a single-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -i Displays information about idle jobs. This includes jobs which are queued or held. -f Displays the full information for each selected job in a multi-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -G Display size information in gigabytes. -M Show size information, disk or memory in mega-words. A word is considered to be 8 bytes. -n Displays nodes allocated to a job in addition to the basic information. -1 In combination with -n, the -1 option puts all of the nodes on the same line as the job id. -r Displays information about running jobs. This includes jobs which are running or suspended. -u user_list Display job information for all jobs owned by the specified user(s). The format of user_list is: user_name[,user_name...]. -? | --help brief help message --man full documentation STANDARD OUTPUT
Displaying Job Status If the -a, -i, -f, -r, -u, -n, -G, and -M options are not specified, the brief single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job name the job owner the cpu time used the job state C - Job is completed after having run E - Job is exiting after having run. H - Job is held. Q - job is queued, eligible to run or routed. R - job is running. T - job is being moved to new location. W - job is waiting for its execution time (-a option) to be reached. S - job is suspended. the queue that the job is in If the -f option is specified, the multi-line display format is used. The output for each job consists of the header line: Job Id: job identifier followed by one line per job attribute of the form: attribute_name = value If any of the options -a, -i, -r, -u, -n, -G or -M are specified, the normal single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job owner the queue the job is in the job name the session id (if the job is running) the number of nodes requested by the job the number of cpus or tasks requested by the job the amount of memory requested by the job either the cpu time, if specified, or wall time requested by the job, (in hh:mm) the job state The amount of cpu time or wall time used by the job (in hh:mm) EXIT STATUS
On success, qstat will exit with a value of zero. On failure, qstat will exit with a value greater than zero. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 QSTAT(1)