Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: How to Print symbols like " and ; Post 302481511 by SSGKT on Friday 17th of December 2010 06:07:07 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Thanks radoulov and Corona688. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl IO vs GLOB symbols

Hi, Can someone please clarify how we are able to use both IO and GLOB symbols of a package variable interchangeably? Please consider the following code: open(FH,"myfile") || die "Unable to open file myfile:$@"; my $glob_var = *main::FH{GLOB}; my $io_var = *main::FH{IO}; print $glob_var... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing arguments with " symbols

I have an executable that processes under the basic premise of: program file_in file_out "parameters a b c" However, we often create statements like the following: program file1 + file2 + file3 file_out "parameters a b" or even: program file1 + file2 + file3 file_out "parameters a b"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to print a "carriage return" to an output file?

Let's say I want to write a program that run these 4 UNIX commands and redirect output to a file. #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; `cd \$HOME > output.txt`; `cut -f1 inputfile.txt >> output.txt`; `hostname >> output.txt`; `ifconfig >> output.txt`; I want to print a "carriage return"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: teiji
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -MConfig -e 'print "$Config{byteorder}\n";'

What exactly is this code returning: perl -MConfig -e 'print "$Config{byteorder}\n";' I am executing this command in two platforms. In AIX i am getting : 4321 In Linux i am getting: 12345678 Does it mean that a byte size in aix is of 4 bits(is it possible)? Also, will there be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig_1988
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] Can't print "$category[$i].dat or something\n";

Hi, I can't print array variable in the sentense. print "$category.dat or something\n"; Some perl version can use, some can't. How to solve it. Thanks for advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natong
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
NM(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     NM(1)

NAME
nm -- display symbolic information in object files SYNOPSIS
nm [--debug-syms] [--defined-only] [--demangle[=style]] [--dynamic] [--extern-only] [--help] [--line-numbers] [--no-demangle] [--no-sort] [--numeric-sort] [--print-armap] [--print-file-name] [--print-size] [--radix=format] [--reverse-sort] [--size-sort] [--undefined-only] [--version] [-A] [-B] [-C [style]] [-D] [-P] [-V] [-a] [-e] [-g] [-h] [-l] [-n] [-o] [-p] [-r] [-S] [-s] [-t format] [-u] [-x] file ... DESCRIPTION
The nm utility displays symbolic information in the object files, executables, and object library files named by its arguments. Lack of sym- bolic information in an otherwise valid input file, is not considered to be an error. If no files are specified on the command line, nm will attempt to read a.out. The nm utility recognizes the following options: --debug-syms Display all symbols, including debugger-only symbols. --defined-only Display only defined symbols. --demangle[=style] Decode (demangle) low-level symbol names into human-readable names. Supported values for argument style are 'auto', 'gnu-v2', 'gnu-v3' and 'arm.' If argument style is not specified, it is taken to be 'auto'. --dynamic Only display dynamic symbols. This option is only meaningful for shared libraries. --extern-only Only display information about global (external) symbols. --help Display a help message and exit. --format=format Display output in the format specified by argument format. Supported values for the format argument are 'bsd', 'sysv', and 'posix'. The default output format is 'bsd'. --line-numbers Display the filename and line number associated a symbol using any debugging information present in the input file. For defined symbols, look up the line number associated with the address of the symbol. For undefined symbols, look up the line number associated with a relocation entry that refers to the symbol. If line number information can be determined, it is displayed after other symbol information. --no-demangle Do not demangle symbol names (default). --no-sort Do not sort symbols. --numeric-sort Sort symbols numerically by address instead of alphabetically by name. --print-armap For ar(1) archives, include the index of the archive's members. --print-file-name Write the full pathname or library name of an object on each line, before the rest of the information for a symbol. If this option is not specified, nm will only identify an input file once, before its symbols are listed. --print-size Print the size of each symbol instead of its value. --radix=radix Print numeric values using the specified radix. Supported values for argument radix are 'd' for decimal, 'o' for octal, and 'x' for hexadecimal. --reverse-sort Reverse the order of the sort. --size-sort Sort symbols by size instead of alphabetically by name. --undefined-only Display only undefined symbols. --version Display the version identifier for nm and exit. -A Equivalent to specifying option --print-file-name. -B Equivalent to specifying option --format=bsd. -C [style] Equivalent to specifying option --demangle[=style]. -D Equivalent to specifying option --dynamic. -F format Equivalent to specifying option --format=format. -P Equivalent to specifying option --format=posix. -S Equivalent to specifying option --print-size. -V Equivalent to specifying option --version. -a Equivalent to specifying option --debug-syms. -e Only display information for global and static symbols. -f Produce full output (default). -g Equivalent to specifying option --extern-only. -h Equivalent to specifying option --help. -l Equivalent to specifying option --line-numbers. -n Equivalent to specifying option --numeric-sort. -o If POSIX output was specified using the -F posix or -P options, this option is equivalent to specifying --radix='o'. If POSIX output was not specified, this option acts as a synonym for the --print-file-name option. -p Equivalent to specifying option --no-sort. -v Equivalent to option -n. -r Equivalent to specifying option --reverse-sort -s Equivalent to specifying option --print-armap. -t radix Equivalent to specifying option --radix=radix. -u Equivalent to specifying option --undefined-only. -x Write numeric values in hexadecimal (equivalent to -t x). OUTPUT FORMAT
The nm utility can present its information in a number of formats, numeric radices and sort orders. By default nm uses BSD style output, a hexadecimal radix, without output sorted alphabetically by name and without demangling of names. For each symbol listed, nm presents the following information: o The library or object name, if options -A or --print-file-name were specified. o The symbol name. o The type of the symbol denoted by a single character as below: A A global, absolute symbol. B A global ``bss'' (uninitialized data) symbol. C A ``common'' symbol, representing uninitialized data. D A global symbol naming initialized data. N A debugger symbol. R A read-only data symbol. T A global text symbol. U An undefined symbol. V A weak object. W A weak reference. a A local absolute symbol. b A local ``bss'' (uninitialized data) symbol. d A local data symbol. t A local text symbol. v A weak object that is undefined. w A weak symbol that is undefined. ? None of the above. o The value of the symbol. o The size of the symbol if applicable. o Line number information, if available and if options -l or --line-numbers were specified. EXIT STATUS
The nm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
ar(1), objdump(1), ranlib(1), elf(3) AUTHORS
The nm utility and this manual page were written by Hyogeol Lee <hyogeollee@gmail.com>. BSD
February 15, 2015 BSD