Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Java Runtime Execution require reboot of pSeries server regularly? Post 302481467 by DGPickett on Friday 17th of December 2010 03:17:26 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Well, it is an AIX forum, so we should hope . . . . Maybe some disk space is being filled up to the point that a journalized volume puts a slower media into play? I recall we had an issue with excess churn in an Oracle device on raid5 SAN slowing the whole shebang down. Of course, IBM . . . steel ball . . . rubber mallet. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pmlist execution makes reboot?!

Hi All, When I try to execute pmlist -s command to know about processor information, machine is getting reboot. What is the problem to use this command.? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
2 Replies

2. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution time / runtime -- bash script please help!

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status from ksh script exec from java using runtime

how do i get the exit status from a ksh or perl script executed in a java program using Runtime? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk
1 Replies

8. Programming

Java Runtime.getRuntime().exec not returning any value

Hi, i written class like this but it is not returning any results and infact p.waitFor() is returning value 1. This is very basic program that i am planning to run in unix. This is really killing my time and unable to find correct reason.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

NAME
reboot - Restarts the machine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] DESCRIPTION
When the system is running and multiple users are logged in, use the shutdown -r command to perform a reboot operation. If no users are logged in, use the reboot command. The reboot command normally stops all running processes, syncs the disks, logs the reboot, and writes a shutdown entry in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. The reboot command uses the sync call to synchronize the disks, and to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing the hard- ware time-of-day clock. After these activities, the system reboots. By default, the system starts and the file systems are automatically checked. If the start-up activities are successful, the system comes up in the default run-level. You must have root privileges to use this command. Using the -n flag can result in file system damage. FLAGS
Generates a crash dump of the system before halting it. Can be used with any of the other flags. Does not log the reboot using syslog Does not sync the disks or log the reboot using syslog Performs a quick reboot without first shutting down running processes; does not log the reboot using syslog EXAMPLES
To enable the default reboot action, enter: reboot This command causes the system to stop all running processes, sync the disks, log the shutdown, and perform other routine shutdown and reboot activities. To shut down the system without logging the reboot, enter: reboot -l This command shuts down the system and performs all shutdown and reboot activities, except logging the shutdown. To reboot the system abruptly, enter: reboot -q This command reboots the system abruptly without shutting down running processes. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the login accounting file Specifies the path of the syslog daemon RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), savecore(8) shutdown(8), syslogd(8) Functions: reboot(2), sync(2), syslog(3) delim off reboot(8)