Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract data with awk from html files Post 302481408 by sbobotex on Friday 17th of December 2010 11:37:16 AM
Old 12-17-2010
sorry but still don't work . i need to filter exactly
PHP Code:
<td align="default"oxidizability (mg l): 
not
PHP Code:
<td align="default"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract data from html tables

hi i need to use unix to extract data from several rows of a table coded in html. I know that rows within a table have the tags <tr> </tr> and so i thought that my first step should be to to delete all of the other html code which is not contained within these tags. i could then use this method... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Streetrcr
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK, extract data from multiple files

Hi, I'm using AWK to try to extract data from multiple files (*.txt). The script should look for a flag that occurs at a specific position in each file and it should return the data to the right of that flag. I should end up with one line for each file, each containing 3 columns:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data with awk and write to several files

Hi! I have one file with data that looks like this: 1 data data data data 2 data data data data 3 data data data data . . . 1 data data data data 2 data data data data 3 data data data data . . . I would like to have awk to write each block to a separate file, like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinWin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract complex data from html table rows

I have bash, awk, and sed available on my portable device. I need to extract 10 fields from each table row from a web page that looks like this: </tr> <tr> <td>28 Apr</td> <td><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickgtx
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- Extract data from html within multiple tags as reference

Hi, I'm trying to get some data from an html file, but the problem is before it can extract the information I have multiple patterns that need to be passed through. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/150711-extract-data-awk-html-files.html Is a similar problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: counfhou
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed HTML extract

I'm extracting text between table tags in HTML <th><a href="/wiki/Buick_LeSabre" title="Buick LeSabre">Buick LeSabre</a></th> using this: awk -F "</*th>" '/<\/*th>/ {print $2}' auto2 > auto3 then this (text between a href): sed -e 's/\(<*>\)//g' auto3 > auto4 How to shorten this into one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and extract the data which is present in other file - awk is not working

file2 content f1file2 content f1,1,2,3,4,5 f1,2,4,6,8,10 f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; !($1 in a)' file2 file1output f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; ($1 in a)' file2 file1output nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to extract value after keyword in html

Using awk to extract value after a keyword in an html, and store in ts. The awk does execute but ts is empty. I use the tag as a delimiter and the keyword as a pattern, but there probably is a better way. Thank you :). file <html><head><title>xxxxxx xxxxx</title><style type="text/css"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)