Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing cron with sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing cron with sed Post 302481367 by drbiloukos on Friday 17th of December 2010 09:47:13 AM
Old 12-17-2010
Parsing cron with sed

Hello
I want to convert my cron list into a csv
Can you please help me with sed ?
eg:

Convert
Code:
#06,21,36,51 *  *  1,2  * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script -30 -15)       >>    /some/path/logfile2 2>&1
* * * * * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script2) >   /some/path/logfile2

To:
Code:
#;06,21,36,51;*;*;1,2;*;/some/path/script;-30 -15;/some/path/logfile;
;*;*;*;*;*;/some/path/script2;;/some/path/logfile2;

Thank you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed parsing

hi , i would like to parse some file with the fallowing data : data data data "unwanted data" data data "unwanted data" data data data data #unwanted data. what i want it to have any coments between "" and after # to be erased using awk or/and sed. has anyone an idea? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darsh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed parsing error

I'm having a problem with a sed script. A programmer needs to change columns 942,943,944 to blank spaces only where it has the number 999 in every line. I didn't have a copy of the data file to test with originally so made my own up with a bunch of x's and put 999 in columns 5-7. The sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravy26
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed selective data parsing

i have file in the following format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 *FIELD TX* this is a sample entry *FIELD SA* See Also *FIELD RF* References *FIELD CS* Clinical Symptoms *FIELD AV* Allelic Variants *FIELD EH* Edit History *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing with awk or sed

I want to delete corrupt records from a file through awk or sed. Can anyone help me with this Thanks Striker Change subject to a descriptive one, ty. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul_us
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed (parsing value)

All, Can somebody provide me with some sed expertise on how to parse the following line. 27-MAR-2011 10:28:01 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dmart)(CID=(PROGRAM=sqlplus)(HOST=mtasnprod1)(USER=mtasnord))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.197.7.47)(PORT=54881)) * establish * dmart * 0 I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed special parsing

What is the shortest & right way to remove the string "" with a sed statement ? echo 'whateverwhatever' | sed ........ ? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SED] Parsing to get a single value

Hello guys, I guess you are fed up with sed command and parse questions, but after a while researching the forum, I could not get an answer to my doubt. I know it must be easy done with sed command, but unfortunately, I never get right syntax of this command OK, this is what I have in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing cron data with awk

Heya, I'm currently working on a script so I can see which cron jobs, if any, on a system are executing less frequently than 15 minutes (1 - 14 minutes). This is the only data I'm interested in. So far I have the following: #!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n';for line in `ls -f /var/spool/cron/*`; do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elvirnith
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or Grep Parsing

I would like to parse two strings from lines in a file only when both strings appear on the same line. For example, if I have the following line: string1 string2 string3 string4 string5 string6 string7 string8 string9 I would like the output to be: string2: string7 Can someone give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ARBlue79
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing via sed issue

sorry I messed up the last post with too many mistakes and corrections so I closed it and opening a new one which should be clear to everyone .my apologies to the admins. I am using sun solaris and Linux , what I want is SED to print any string (or output it to a file preferably) that does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
2 Replies
EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)					     OpenChange Users' Manual						  EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)

NAME
exchange2mbox - Convert Exchange mailbox to mbox file SYNOPSIS
exchange2mbox [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database PATH] [-p|--profile PROFILE] [-P|--password PASSWORD] [-m|--mbox FILENAME] [-u|--update] [-d|--debuglevel LEVEL] [--dump-data] DESCRIPTION
exchange2mbox provides a way to synchronize an Exchange mailbox with a mbox file. The tool is developed so it only retrieves mails not already stored in the message ID index database and reflects changes back to the Exchange server if the local message copy are deleted. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, exchange2mbox try to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, exchange2mbox returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Set the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --mbox -m Set the mbox file full path --update -u Synchronize the local mbox file with the remote Exchange server mailbox. --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel LEVEL -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Create/Update the mbox file and indexes within the profile database: exchange2mbox Update the Exchange mailbox and indexes according to the changes made to the mbox file. exchange2mbox -u REMARKS
If no mbox file is specified, one will be automatically created in $(HOME)/.openchange/mbox . If you are using the default profile data- base path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange 2.0 QUADRANT 2013-01-24 EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)