Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nightly job error message when trying to execute script Post 302481323 by NARESH1302 on Friday 17th of December 2010 07:30:21 AM
Old 12-17-2010
I tried the following, bust still not successful.
Code:
./nightly_jobs.sh
./nightly_jobs.sh: line 8: Nigh_Status: command not found
./nightly_jobs.sh: line 9: [: -eq: unary operator expected
Send options without primary recipient specified.
Usage: mail [-BDFintv~] [-s subject] [-a attachment ] [-c cc-addr] [-b bcc-addr]
             [-r from-addr] [-h hops] [-A account] [-R reply-addr] to-addr ...
       mail [-BDeHiInNRv~] [-T name] [-A account] -f [name]
       mail [-BDeinNRv~] [-A account] [-u user]

Last edited by Scott; 12-17-2010 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot execute message

I am trying to install a piece of software using the provided install script, but when I run it, I get the following message: ./tem.sh: /export/home/data/SoftwareSource/TcEng2005SR1/install/jre/bin/java: cannot execute I navigated to that directory and tried to execute java and it returns the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mncduffy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to execute background job

I am unable to execute the below command in background. Plz suggest. #> ./test input >out & 913618 + Stopped (SIGTTIN) ./test input >out & Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture actual error message when a command fails to execute

I want to capture actual error message in case the commands I use in my shell script fails. For eg: ls -l abc.txt 2>>errorlog.txt In this case I understand the error message is written to the errorlog.txt and I assume its bacause the return code from the command ls -l abc might return 2 if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule a job after a nightly reboot

Hello everyone, I want to schedule a job to run immediatly after a successful nightly reboot (at level 2). I have been looking at inittab file and vxvm-startup in /sbin/init.d and other files in init.d but I am still puzzled as where to actually start. I looked at the crontab to see how this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System maintenance weekly job and welcome message

Since a few weeks I am playing with debian and now I have 2 questions. The first one: I want to create weekly a file to all user directories. I know that you have a cronjob to schedule it weekly. In this cronjob I have written the following line: df >> /home/%users/diskspace.txt I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iceqube
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute nohup and background job inside the korn script for db2

load_cursor_stmt() { ls /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor*.sql|while read file do echo "${file}" `nohup db2 -tvf "$file" \&` done }Error: ------- /admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor5.sql /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor6.sql + read file + echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bsub job does not execute the script

Hello, When I'm trying to send bsub job using script that executes fine in command line, I get nothing. I do this for testing purposes, and the script scr_test is just one line: pwd > outfile So when I'm executing it in command line: $ ./scr_test it works fine producing the outfile with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergey Aliev
2 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)