Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a multiple lines from a file n executing them? Post 302481314 by anurag.singh on Friday 17th of December 2010 06:54:37 AM
Old 12-17-2010
If we don't want file names to be in a file
Code:

ls -1 | while read file
do
   con.ksh $file
done

OR

Code:

ls -1 > file.txt
while read file
do
  con.ksh $file
done < file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and match multiple lines in perl

Could any one tell me how to read and match multiple lines in perl? Did this code below still work in this situation? while (<FILE>) { if (/ /) { } } Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read multiple lines from Std Input into an array

Hi All, Does anyone know how to read multiple lines from standard input into an array and then iterate a loop for all the lines read. Below is an example pseudocode: I need the below filenames to be read by the script into an array or something similar: And then in the script, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read one line file and separate into multiple lines

I have one long line text with semicolon used as separator between values in that line. Now, I want to separate the line into multiple line right after every 29th field. example input line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erlanq
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read one line file and separate into multiple lines

I have one long line text with semicolon used as separator between values in that line. Now, I want to separate the line into multiple line right after every 29th field. example input line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erlanq
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match multiple columns in multiple lines in single file

Hi, Input 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr21.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr9.fa chr5.fa 7898 7387 chrX.fa chr3.fa Desired Output 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 2 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the lines of multiple files

I am trying to create a script which will read 2 files and use the lines of file 1 for each line on file 2. here's my sample code cat $SBox | while read line do cat $Date | while read line do $SCRIPTEXE <line from first file> $2 <line from 2nd file> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple commands in a file at same time

Hi Am having file.ksh as below wc -l file1.txt wc -l file2.txt wc -l file3.txt wc -l file4.txt i want all the commands in this file to execute in same time please help Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple lines at a time from file

Hello All, I have a file like below.... dn: cn=user1,ou=org,o=org cn=user1 uid=user1 cn=user2,ou=org,o=org cn=user2 uid=user2 cn=user3,ou=org,o=org cn=user3 cn=user33 uid=user3 cn=user4,ou=org,o=org cn=user4 uid=user4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)