Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GCC - Incompatible Pointer Types Post 302481238 by jlliagre on Friday 17th of December 2010 03:35:06 AM
Old 12-17-2010
Code:
    int i;
    int* a[10];
    for (i = 0;i <= 9;i++)
        a[i] = malloc(sizeof(int) * 10);

This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rpc.rstatd: incompatible...

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix server by rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data does any one have an idea about this.. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-pg incompatible with -shared

while compiling my code with -pg option i got the following error: ld (prelink): -pg incompatible with -shared; assuming -nopg any idea to overcome this problem? how can i use gprof profiler for a program using shared libraries? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX patches with incompatible packages

I have a Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it as oracle server. We added two patches (112233-11: SunOS 5.9:Kernel Patch and 111722-04: SunOS 5.9:MathLibrary(libm)patch). When I prepared the server for Oracle installation, I checked patch with command: $/usr/sbin/patchadd -p | grep <patch_number>.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

6. Programming

gcc 4.3.2 accept sys call warrning incompatible pointer type

Hi all, this warning is driving me nuts. I use -pedantic with -Wall and -Werror so this needs to be fixed. BUILD: GNU-Linux-x86 Any ideas? struct sockaddr_in server_addr; int addr_len = sizeof (server_addr); fd = accept(link->socket_fd, (struct sockaddr_in *)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: personificator
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Incompatible Level of gcc?

I'm compiling an application someone gave me. It uses XLC on a Power7, running Red Hat (4? 5?). It compiles and links, but I get the following message for every .o and .exe... xlc_r: 1501-274 (W) An incompatible level of gcc has been specified. I've tried googling on this error, and I'll I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harper21
2 Replies

8. Programming

Incompatible data type fpos_t in C

This is from a program I wrote over in 1998 that I am trying to compile on a linux machine: void write_line (FILE *fp, int rec_no, line_rec *arec) { fpos_t woffset; woffset = (rec_no - 1) * sizeof(line_rec); fsetpos(fp,&woffset); fwrite(arec,sizeof(line_rec),1,fp); }On the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies

9. Programming

Incompatible types for returned object

I have a function from the Sedgewick's book // return the shortest path from v to s as an Iterable public Iterable<String> pathTo(String v) { Stack<String> path = new Stack<String>(); while (v != null && dist.contains(v)) { path.push(v); v =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux