Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users any quicker way to list disc usage by users? Post 302481161 by phil518 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 11:02:34 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Code:
find /path/to/home  -exec ls -ls {} \ ; |
awk '{arr[$3]+=$1; next; }
       END {for (i in arr) {print i, arr[i]}  }'

Thank you very much. I tried it but found the improvement is not very substantial.

when I time the du command, I found the (utime + stime)/real time is only 3%.

is there a way to make this ratio substantically higher?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory usage : kernel, oracle, other users

Hello, I'm looking for a command or script that could permit me to know what is memory usage group by HP-UX kernel, oracle processes and other users (specific software). A command like 'top' but for all processes and not only for 12 max could be very useful Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thierryUX
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

grant usage to users listed in a file

hi, i'm trying to grant usage to multiple users whose ids are in a file. i thought that i could put the mysql code within a while loop, but that's not working for me: while read user; do userid=$user passwd="changeme" query="grant usage on mysql.USERS.* to $userid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. AIX

balance CPU usage between users

Hi! Is there any way to balance CPU usage between users on percentage basis? Something like Resource Manager in Oracle databases. Regards. ---------- Post updated at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:09 PM ---------- Workload Manager? ---------- Post updated at 03:44 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bas_ua
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage restrictions for users?

I was wondering if there was a way to set resource usage per user. For example, if I use "grep -f <file1> <file2>" and the two files are very big it consumes a lot of resources. Onetime someone pinged me and asked what the hell I was doing and to kill it. Is there any way an SA can restrict... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users and their storage usage

Hey, I'm trying to make a script that can list users and their storage usage in a file. Im trying to get it to where the format is: User xxkbs User2 xkb and so on. So far I figured out how to get the users, but I cannot figure out how to get the storage usage per user. This is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HakerDemon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in faster and quicker grepping

Hi, i have a log file of 8 GB size , i need to grep the count of a word which i give as an input , i mean to say to find the occurance of a word on that file. grep is taking too much time ,can you please give me any command so that i can grep the word in a quicker way.. thanks, ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup

Hi guys, i need a small help. I was writing an automation script for import utility of oracle datapump. I am getting stuck in one part of the shell script where i am doing a grep on one of the filesystem and if it is above threshold then it would kick off an oracle RMAN backup. Fyi. i am grepping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Usage by users

I would like to know how to capture the usage of CPU by each user. Is there a way to do this on AIX? Gaya (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
0 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT(3)							 1							  COLLATOR_SORT(3)

Collator::sort - Sort array using specified collator

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sort (array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort (Collator $coll, array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) This function sorts an array according to current locale rules. Equivalent to standard PHP sort(3) . PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr - Array of strings to sort. o $sort_flag - Optional sorting type, one of the following: o Collator::SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o Collator::SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o Collator::SORT_STRING - compare items as strings Default sorting type is Collator::SORT_REGULAR. It is also used if an invalid $sort_flag value has been specified. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort(3) example <?php $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $arr = array( 'at', 'as', 'as' ); var_export( $arr ); collator_sort( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'at', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'as', )array ( 0 => 'as', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'at', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_asort(3), collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT(3)