Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need help to create netboot image for EL6 kernel Post 302481133 by fpmurphy on Thursday 16th of December 2010 06:24:14 PM
Old 12-16-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Netboot problem

I have a 55A which is connected to a solitary HMC and a CMS management server. I fired off a netboot from the CMS server which was working fine restoring a NIM mksysb image. I left it running and when I came in this morning code 554 was displayed (Boot device problem!) I have subsequently tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
6 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create a disk image

I have a whole bunch of solaris machines. How do i create an image so i dont have to keep doing a reload and. In the pC world we have ghost what about the solaris world? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. Debian

creat image for the new kernel

Hello friends, I have compiled the kernel . But now i am facing the problem as to how we can create the initrd.img for the specific kernel. I was compiling the 2.6.29 kernel. to create initrd.img for 2.6.29 what i did is : cd /boot mkinitramfs-kpkg -o initrd.img-2.6.29 2.6.29... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
2 Replies

5. Linux

Create an ext3 fs image

Which I will use as a loop mount mounted on an arbitrary directory, say /home/me/dir running something like mount -o loop ext3_image.img /home/me/dir What command(s) should I run to create this? I use RedHat. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Create Linux gold image

I 'm new to linux .. can some one tell how can we create a linux image like solaris flash archive and then use it with kickstart server to build multiple clients from same image ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

transfering kernel image to another system

my server system is low on disk. To install a new kernel I think i shall do the following: 1. compile the kernel on another system. 2. copy bzImage along with config, System.map and of course the laodable module in /lib/modules and transfer them to the server. 3. Now, I can remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

9. Linux

Create a bootable PXE image from build kernel source code

Hi, Can i just ask how I can create a bootable PXE image from the built kernel source. What files do I need to get? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Download kernel-uek-headers-2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64

i am in process to fullfill pre-requisites to install R12.1.1 on redhat 6.1 i have to install this rpm kernel-uek-headers-2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64 i could not find this in source media and not in some other place. please help me to install this rpm. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)