Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting arrange merged data using sed Post 302481111 by Scott on Thursday 16th of December 2010 04:58:36 PM
Old 12-16-2010
It works fine for me. What doesn't work about it?

Can you post the output of:
Code:
od -c file1.txt
od -c file2.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange data

Any idea in awk or sed? $cat file a b c 2 4 5 6 output: a b c 2 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrange data tools

Which is the best command(s) to arrange data of a file? This is my example input file: Tom ------ apples: 5 oranges: 7 pears: 10 apples: 2 oranges: 8 Jack ------ apples: 3 pears: 10 Lucy ------ oranges: 1 pears: 8 peaches: 9 Tom ------ peaches: 1 Jack ------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csecnarf
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrange data

I have a following data: 100 200 300 400 I want the data to be arranged: 100 200 300 400 What is the best way to do this? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange Data in table and send by mail

Everybody, can you tell me how express about this; we have text data file as : parameter1 Parameter2 AA 55 BB 77 . . . . . . We want to draw table for this data as attached then send as body of Email (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xjklop2009
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Data and arrange it based on timelines

Hi Im trying to extract a specific pattern of data from a log file and store it in a other file, Im executing the below command in various files and storing it in a single file. I data that Im storing needs to be arranged based on a date and timestamp. Please assist, how to achieve this. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr3w3c9
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange / format data using awk

Input 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A 227:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 227:51200:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 228:102400:N/A 65:sapgt04:sapgt04: M 65:104448:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4oma: M 228:102400:N/A Output 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange same data in same column ....

I have vary complex issue in unix...i want copy same data in same column... My Input... Object SpchAccate hAes hCCS SDop Sroontb NoRabEt SRbuc ran=C515D (Mod=15) 0 100 98.1 1.9 0.6 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com |---------------------------------------------------------------| |Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com The output should be in straight columns.. There should not be any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to arrange words

Hi I have a text file as given below: Input format I have a text file as given below . This is a (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
9 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)