Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris PTY allocation request failed on channel 0 Post 302481071 by snchaudhari2 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 02:59:22 PM
Old 12-16-2010
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0

Hello Admins,

Anybody faced this issue while logging through ssh on solaris:

I am getting this error now. I was able to logged in before. Now I am getting this error.

Any idea?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session request failed (Called name not present)

I have the following shell script to map a drive to a windows machine: echo Enter password: stty -echo read passwd stty echo mount -t smbfs -ousername=myusername,password=$passwd //192.168.2.5/sharename /mnt/mountname It works fine and the share mounts, but for some reason I get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to monitor pty

Hi all, today I could not telnet in AIX 5.2 cause I received the error "telnetd: All network ports in use". To allow users to telnet again I increased the number of ptys from default 256 to the new number 512. To avoid the same problem in the future and for a better understanding, I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l-roner
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: Memory allocation failed

tar: Memory allocation failed for extended data while reading : Not enough space what can be done for the above problem? top utility reports memory usage as follows: Memory: Real: 2688M/15G act/tot Virtual: 1492M/42915M use/tot Free: 11G this cannot be a disk space problem as we have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of tty and pty files

Hi, According to my understanding tty files that are available in /dev directory are terminals that are given to different users. please help me understand what are /pty files, like are they drivers to the devices.. also is the default tty terminal given to a user.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
2 Replies

6. Programming

dynamic allocation vs static allocation in c

i wrote a tiny version of tail command using a large buffer statically allocated but, in a second time, i found another version in which i use a bidimensional array dynamically allocated. here is the first version /*my tiny tail, it prints the last 5 line of a file */ #include<stdio.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasclaus
4 Replies

7. Programming

Race condition with PTY

I've been experimenting with pseudo-terminals and found something I don't quite understand. Writing an EOF character to the master end doesn't work quite as I expect. Once I've written any other data, the master pty seems to treat a single ^D as a seperator, i.e. writing "abcabc" would let cat do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

9. Programming

COBOL: DIRECT: Memory allocation failed

Hi Guys, i got hit this error when try to compile COBOL source inside SUN solaris server DIRECT: Memory allocation failed i got search for the solution n some say to set umask=022 inside .profile, i already set it but the error still exist i really appreciate ur kindness for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyfull
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)