Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Whats wrong with the following Post 302481066 by Scott on Thursday 16th of December 2010 02:51:29 PM
Old 12-16-2010
g, how would a moderator have noticed the problem?
Quote:
Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong in this?

#! /bin/bash head -5 $1 echo "remove $1 ?" read answer if then echo invalid answer elif rm $1 echo "$1 is deleted" elif then echo file is not deleted else echo "invalid answer" fi What i really want this to do is to ask to delete the file or not..it says something wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong with this

#! /bin/bash USAGE=" | ] if then echo "$USAGE" exit 1 fi while getopts lb: OPTION do case $(OPTION)in a) echo Hi there! exit 2;; b) echo hello o) OARG=$OPTARG;; \?)echo "$USAGE" ;; exit 2;; esac done shift `expr... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this code

ls -ld | grep $1 /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f6 i need see the content... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats wrong in the script?

if then if then echo "fst argument is $1 " else if then "fst argument is $1" fi fi fi Can anyone tell me. My requirement is tht pass a string .. Check whether it contains "-". If yes then check if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this line?

I have a file $I_FILE that I need to filter and store the 1st and the 9th columns in another file $O_FILE. With this in Perl, system ("awk -F, '{print \$1, \$9}' \$I_FILE | sed '\/^\$\/d' > O_FILE"); I get: 4096045055 The first line in I_FILE is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats wrong with this?

can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work how its supposed to, its the hangman game but it doesn't play how its supposed to #!/bin/bash NoAttempts="0" livesgiven="5" LivesRemain=$livesgiven LettersAttempted="" wordfile=words numwords=0 function menu() { clear cat << menu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong in my code

Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; #Clears Screen $CLEAR=`clear`; print $CLEAR; i get the below error: Global symbol "$CLEAR" requires explicit package name at ./mutmg.pl line 6. Global symbol "$CLEAR" requires explicit package name at ./mutmg.pl line 7. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong in the Function ?

Need your assistance, to find the bug in the function. Function usage erroring out even after passing parameters. usage() { if || ; then echo "************************************************************" echo " CHECK USAGE FOR CORRECT PARAMETERS ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
26 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats wrong with this if-else

hi whats wrong in below?? CHECK=M10; if ; then echo "hello hi"; else echo "how are u hello hi"; fi I am getting error as ./test.sh: line 2: ' ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found ./test.sh: line 2: M10: command not found (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh Script whats wrong?

Hi there, i have a problem i have created followning sh files some years ago but now it dosen`t work anymore i never used it a long time. Can anyone find the Error? Its always runs the stop() block and trying to Killing the Server also if i try to start or creat a new one. #!/bin/sh stop()... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewCannon
6 Replies
mktemp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						mktemp(3C)

NAME
mktemp - make a unique file name from a template SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *mktemp(char *template); DESCRIPTION
The mktemp() function replaces the contents of the string pointed to by template with a unique file name, and returns template. The string in template should look like a file name with six trailing 'X's; mktemp() will replace the 'X's with a character string that can be used to create a unique file name. Only 26 unique file names per thread can be created for each unique template. RETURN VALUES
The mktemp() function returns the pointer template. If a unique name cannot be created, template points to a null string. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Generate a filename. The following example replaces the contents of the "template" string with a 10-character filename beginning with the characters "file" and returns a pointer to the "template" string that contains the new filename. #include <stdlib.h> ... char *template = "/tmp/fileXXXXXX"; char *ptr; ptr = mktemp(template); USAGE
Between the time a pathname is created and the file opened, it is possible for some other process to create a file with the same name. The mkstemp(3C) function avoids this problem and is preferred over this function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkstemp(3C), tmpfile(3C), tmpnam(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 2004 mktemp(3C)