Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting average of distinct values with awk Post 302481029 by vgersh99 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 12:17:31 PM
Old 12-16-2010
or without the external sort:
Code:
nawk '!($1 in a) {key[++key[0]]=$1}{a[$1]+=$2; b[$1]+=$3; c[$1]++} END{for(i=1;i<=key[0];i++) print key[i], a[key[i]]/c[key[i]] , b[key[i]]/c[key[i]]}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through only the distinct values in a file

Datafile has the following data seperated by : FIELD1:FIELD2:FIELD3 D1:/opt/9.1.9:Y D2:/opt/10.1.10:Y D3:/opt/9.1.9:Y D4:/opt/8.1.8:Y D5:/opt/8.1.8:Y D6:/opt/9.1.9:Y D7:/opt/9.1.9:Y D8:/opt/10.1.10:Y D9:/opt/9.1.9:Y D10:/opt/10.1.10:Y I want to do some operations only on the distinct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print distinct col values

Hi Guys... I am newbie to awk and would like a solution to probably one of the simple practical questions. I have a test file that goes as: 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,2,3,8,7,6 9,3,5,6,7,3 8,3,1,1,1,1 4,4,2,2,2,2 I would like to know how AWK can get me the distinct values say for eg: on col2... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Distinct values from second field in a file....

Hi I have a pipe delimited file. I am trying to grab the DISTINCT value from the second field. The file is something like: 1233|apple|ron 1234|apple|elephant 1235|egg|man the output I am trying to get from second field is apple,egg (apple coming only once) Thanks simi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct values from a flat file

Hi , I have a similar problem. Please can anyone help me with a shell script or a perl. I have a flat file like this fruit country apple germany apple india banana pakistan banana saudi mango india I want to get a output like fruit country apple ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count number of distinct values in each column with awk

Hi ! input: A|B|C|D A|F|C|E A|B|I|C A|T|I|B As the title of the thread says, I would need to get: 1|3|2|4 I tried different variants of this command, but I don't manage to obtain what I need: gawk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) a++} END {for (b in a) print b}' input ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find distinct values

Hi, I have two files of the following format file1 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr2:455-678 chr3:456-789 chr3:444-555 file2 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr3:456-789 output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need distinct values from command in a script

Hello, I am using below command srvctl config service -d cmdbut cmdbut_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d cmdbut Service name: boms10.world Service is enabled Server pool: cmdbut_boms10.world Cardinality: 1 Disconnect: false Service role: PRIMARY Management... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPUser:Contributed Perapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPerl::Global(3)

NAME
ModPerl::Global -- Perl API for manipulating special Perl lists Synopsis use ModPerl::Global (); my $package = 'MyApache2::Package'; # make the END blocks of this package special ModPerl::Global::special_list_register(END => $package); # Execute all encoutered END blocks from this package now ModPerl::Global::special_list_call( END => $package); # delete the list of END blocks ModPerl::Global::special_list_clear( END => $package); Description "ModPerl::Global" provides an API to manipulate special perl lists. At the moment only the "END" blocks list is supported. This API allows you to change the normal Perl behavior, and execute special lists when you need to. For example "ModPerl::RegistryCooker" uses it to run "END" blocks in the scripts at the end of each request. Before loading a module containing package $package, you need to register it, so the special blocks will be intercepted by mod_perl and not given to Perl. "special_list_register" does that. Later on when you want to execute the special blocks, "special_list_call" should be called. Unless you want to call the list more than once, clear the list with "special_list_clear". API
"ModPerl::Global" provides the following methods: "special_list_call" Call the special list $ok = special_list_call($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 "special_list_clear" Clear the special list $ok = special_list_clear($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 "special_list_register" Register the special list $ok = special_list_call($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 Notice that you need to register the package before it is loaded. If you register it after, Perl has already compiled the "END" blocks and there are no longer under your control. See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPerl::Global(3)