Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format output from the file to extract "date" section Post 302480987 by coolguyamy on Thursday 16th of December 2010 09:58:41 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Hello cabrao,

I have ran the command and i am getting following error in the output

Code:
bash-3.00$ awk 'NR==1{print $1,$2,$3}' SystemOut.log_bak14122010
************ Start Display
awk: record `[12/14/10 15:54:22:9...' too long
 record number 6014

---------- Post updated at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hello zaxxon,

I have ran the command and i am getting following output.

Code:
bash-3.00$ sed -n '/OutOfMemory/ {s/\].*/]/p}' SystemOut.log_bak14122010
sed: command garbled: /OutOfMemory/ {s/\].*/]/p}
bash-3.00$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment in the format "YYYYMMDD"

Hi all, I want to increment the date which is in the format "YYYYMMDD". ex: If the date is 20010601 Increment should be: 20010602, 20010603 etc., Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks and Regards, Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting date format: "May 31 2008" to "2008-05-31"

I have the following script to find out the last day of the last month .... and the output of this script is in the following format ... Script goes like this .... #!/bin/ksh cur_month=`date +%m` cur_year=`date +%Y` prev_month=$(($cur_month-1)) # Check to see if this is January if ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format output from "echo" command

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script that contains a lot of "echo" commands to notify the user about what's going on. The script generates a log file that contains a copy of what is seen in the terminal. The echo statements are generally verbose, and thus extend out for quite a ways on one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command.

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command. these is the standard output. bash-3.00# last reboot reboot system boot Fri Aug 6 15:07 reboot system down Fri Aug 6 15:04 reboot system boot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pichitw
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"links -dump" output format issue

Hi All, I tried searching a lot about this but to no avail. I have a HTML file. I used links -dump file_page.html > text_html.txt What the above command gave me was a filtered text from the HTML file with tags removed. Now, the the output from the above command looked something like this:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Programming

extract the same format from existing excel file using " Spreadsheet::ParseExcel " module

Hi , can any one tell me,"How to extract the same format from existing excel file to new excel file " using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module ??? Example_pgm: Below program is used to read existing excel file..In this program "my $cell = $_;" line is used to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)