Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dlopen Linux vs. OSX
Top Forums Programming dlopen Linux vs. OSX Post 302480921 by achenle on Thursday 16th of December 2010 06:28:52 AM
Old 12-16-2010
This looks like a scoping issue. If the names of the two classes are identical, depending on the scope of your symbols at compile and link time, when your Init method creates a new object it can either use the methods from its own shared object or from the first one it finds in the symbol table.

Unless you want to always be chasing down weird issues like this from platform to platform and compiler to compiler and linker to linker, you do not want to depend on symbol scoping to make sure you call the correct method.

The easiest solution is to give each child class a distinct name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dlopen issue with a dll

HI All, I am trying to use a dll using dlopen but in vain. When I try to ldd that dll it returns no output. Can anybody please tell me how I can load this dll in my process space. PS: ldd -l returns a lot of unsatisfied dependent symbols. Thanks a lot in advance Codeman (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman
0 Replies

2. Programming

dlopen failed!

I can open my so file successfully by calling dlopen directly in my main function. But if I fork a child process, and call dlopen in child process, it failed! I don't know why. Following is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <dlfcn.h> void childFunc(void) { void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virmin
1 Replies

3. Programming

compile error while using dlopen

Hi unix lovers, I am getting error while compile a function which uses dlopen. My code is I am getting error as follows Am I missing something? I think I am missing a lot :-) I am using solaris. Thanks in advance, -Ashish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
5 Replies

4. Programming

resolve_symbols: loader error: dlopen:

when i try to run an executable i got the following error message: resolve_symbols: loader error: dlopen: what does this error mean and what should be done to avoid this? with regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

5. Programming

dlopen help

//foo.c #include<stdio.h> int pen(int a) { printf("%d",a); } $cc -c foo.c $ls -shared -o libfoo.so foo.o ///////////now libfoo.so formed //i have already designed libfoo.so //main.c #include<stdio.h> #include <dlfcn.h> int main() { (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookforlohith
2 Replies

6. Solaris

dlopen() on dolaris

Dear experts, please help #include <stdio.h> #include <dlfcn.h> #include <link.h> #include <iostream.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<errno.h> void main() { printf("\n in the main\n"); void *handle; handle = dlopen("my.so", RTLD_LAZY); if( handle ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with porting a linux SNC driver to OSX

Hi guys! I'm a regular joe, so this thread might be in the wrong section and if I appear dumb it mostly because I am..and have lack of knowledge about the unix world. :) Please move the tread if needed. To the problem. We are allot of people in the OSx86 community that need a linux driver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackshore
0 Replies

8. Programming

Sending emails in C program for multiple machines on Linux/OSX

Hey guys, i am creating a tool that'll run a couple network test, generate a report then email the report. Now i a bit stuck with the email sending part... I tried at first a script which worked on some machines but then it'll work fine on some machine and act up on others... I can't really rely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
2 Replies

9. Programming

Linux: dlopen fails to find symbols

I've attached a tar.gz containing three tests to demonstrate the problem I'm having. Within the tar are two shared libraries, two test applications, and a Makefile that builds the three tests. The shared libaries are libshlib1.so and libshlib2.so. Both export a function, libFunc, which takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flash And Fade DEMO For Mac OSX 10.7.5, (And Linux?).

This is an AT A GLANCE shell DEMO that does:- 1) 10 centred greyscale fades without warning beeps. 2) 5 centred yellow "WARNING!" flashes with beeps every ON state. 3) 5 FULL widowed red "DANGER!!!" flashes with beeps in the ON and OFF states. It assumes that the warning bell is enabled... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs | --library-libs | --plugin-libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library- libs, and --plugin-libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --library-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a library that uses SDL. (This excludes any static objects required for linking, since these must be linked only by executable programs.) --plugin-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an SDL-using object that is to be accessed via dlopen(3). This may include static objects with PIC symbol information. This option should not be used for ordinary shared libraries or standalone applications. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. gcc -o libSDL_nifty-1.2.so.0.0.1 $(sdl --library-libs) read.o write.o munge.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a shared library. gcc -o libnifty_xmms.so $(sdl --plugin-libs) stream.o blit.o deinterlace.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a plugin for use by another program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. SDL 1.2 2001-12-25 sdl-config(1)