Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignoring certain extensions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignoring certain extensions Post 302480867 by citaylor on Thursday 16th of December 2010 04:27:12 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Code:
mv `ls -1 | egrep -v '.ttM$|.Hmt$|.dMt$'` /tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.gz extensions

What do I use to open a file with a .gz extension? I'm guessing I need some kind of "unzipping" tool. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flopper
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extensions

Hey! Do you guys know of a good site that can explain all the Unix commands... I have been using Unix för almost 6 months but still have probelms with things like -u -U -g -G -R -T bla bla bla bla thanks! Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkastinka
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring a Pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to find and replace contents from multiple files. I am able to replace the contents. but i am facing a issue while replacing when finding a certain charcter pattern as unix is treating this is a command. Please find below sample on the same Output file to be generated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seeki
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Sendmail ignoring Mailertable

Hi Friends, I am running sendmail 8.14 on rhel6. I have 2 mail servers as serv1.home.com and test.home.com. Currently test.home.com is pointing as MX for home.com domain. So what I am trying to do is to route emails arriving at test.home.com server to serv1.home.com using mailertable. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep ignoring punctuation

I have a file xxx.txt containing winter_kool sugar_"sweet" Is there anyway i can grep xxx.txt for strings without using punctuations. for eg: `grep sugarsweet xxx.txt` should give output : sugar_"sweet" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack_gb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring case

in if clause , how 1 can ignore case (i.e. small or capital) ny suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Server is ignoring slashes

When I try to access my website's Administrator page (mysite.com/administrator), I'm redirected to (mysite.comadministrator), as if the slash was removed from the URL The funny thing is that I can access it if I enter 2 slashes (mysite.com//administrator) Any ideas of what might be causing it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions

Hi All, I am scripting a program to find and archive files. There are certain file types that I do not want to archive. Below is the scenario. I have created a lookup file which has details on folders days and file extensions that needs to be ignored I have separated the individual into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls without extensions.

Hello everyone. :) I need to write a script and I'm newbie in it. Sorry for my English, I've been learning that amazing language for one year. Task: Write script called 'myls', "wrapper" program call ls in such a way that you could ask it the name of the file without extension, for example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sweetheart
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ignoring decimal in comparision

HI All, I am having a requirement on ignoring mismatch on 2 file File 1: A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,11.02 File 2: A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,10.00 A,B,US,12.02 Here I want to ignore the decimal . If I do diff it is showing File1 AND File2 are different.If I ignore the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies