Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking ddns-rev-domainname being created wrong. Post 302480860 by Adesso on Thursday 16th of December 2010 04:05:18 AM
Old 12-16-2010
MySQL

Smilie, sorry changed the values.. the network is mynet.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it and it seems to have worked... Great !!! Smilie I changed it int the genral section and the subnet, and it seems to work perfect. Thanks a million Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about domainname

I'm kindda confused about domainname and /etc/defaultdomain. If I type domainname tesT.com, will this be added to /etc/defaultdomain or do I need to add manually on /etc/defaultdomain as well?...second question, if I type domainname tesT.com...is it case sensitive? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ROM Rev upgrade?

hi all, I have a sparc5 with ROM Rev 2.15. Is it possible to upgrade to a higher rev? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrec
1 Replies

3. Linux

domainname command

Hey, I've been on this for a while... can somebody explain to me what the domainname command really does. The man pages don't tell enough. And how can i have the domain name set so it will be the same all the time when the OS boots up. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

4. Linux

Ddns

Help! I've got RH7 running DDNS. It works between my machines NS1(DDNS server) and NS2(my back up DDNS server in windows) but when i add a client to the mix i can't type the clients name such as ping linux137 Instead i've gotta type the fully qualified domain name.(or ip) Ping... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domainname dnsdomainname....etc ??

is there a variable that controls whether the settings of the domainname and dnsdomainame, nisdomaname and hostname are global or local (as in static).. i keep setting the values for these commands and after a while they disappear. how can I keep one static value that will remain even after I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Ddns

Hi all, I was wondering ( yes it is a noob question :) ), i buy a domain (from domain.com) but i have dynamic public ip address and i was wondering if there is a way to automatically update my dynamic public ip address to my domain with BIND. For example now i have some ip 22.22.22.22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanAK
4 Replies

7. Solaris

File created with wrong timestamp

Hi All, We are working on solaris 10. I create a file using touch command and when list the file, it does not shows the right timestamp. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
4 Replies
IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)

NAME
ipsec_goodmask, ipsec_masktobits, ipsec_bitstomask - check if Internet subnet mask is valid, convert Internet subnet mask to bit count, convert bit count to Internet subnet mask SYNOPSIS
#include <libreswan.h> int goodmask(struct in_addr mask); int masktobits(struct in_addr mask); struct in_addr bitstomask(int n); DESCRIPTION
These functions are obsolete; see ipsec_masktocount(3) for a partial replacement. Goodmask reports whether the subnet mask is a valid one, i.e. consists of a (possibly empty) sequence of 1s followed by a (possibly empty) sequence of 0s. Masktobits takes a (valid) subnet mask and returns the number of 1 bits in it. Bitstomask reverses this, returning the subnet mask corresponding to bit count n. All masks are in network byte order. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_atosubnet(3) DIAGNOSTICS
Masktobits returns -1 for an invalid mask. Bitstomask returns an all-zeros mask for a negative or out-of-range n. HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. BUGS
The error-reporting convention of bitstomask is less than ideal; zero is sometimes a legitimate mask. 11 June 2001 IPSEC_GOODMASK(3)