Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ipfilter blocking ip fragments Post 302480835 by ilikecows on Thursday 16th of December 2010 03:35:45 AM
Old 12-16-2010
I was able to solve the problem but I don't understand why or how the fix works. Removing the keep state keyword seems to allow the IP fragments through.

Last edited by ilikecows; 12-16-2010 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: spelling/grammar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fragments in Solaris 8

When discussing inodes and data blocks, I know Solaris creates these data blocks with a total size of 8192b, divided into eight 1024b "fragments." It stores data in "contiguous" fragments and solaris doesn't allow a file to use portions of two different fragments. If the file size permits, then the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

ipfilter hpux11.11

how can I create a rule that will allow my machine to FTP to itself, but not allow other machines to FTP to it.. I know this sounds weird but this how they want it so they can test some application functionality that uses ftp. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

questions about ipfilter

Dears, i am a new user for using ipfilter in solaris 10 and i have some question about this: by using ipfilter for example 1- i want specific MAC address able to access hotmail only 2- also i want to make 10MB for this MAC address is a max download per day 3- i am asking about using MAC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
0 Replies

5. Solaris

NAT IPFilter

Hi everybody, I'm running on Solaris 10 X86 (update 1009). I would like to make NAT's rule. I explain you. On Solaris, I configure the principal interface e1000g0 with IP : 192.168.0.33 I created the first logical interface like that : ifconfig e1000g0 addif 192.168.0.40 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aureliensm
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Ipfilter question

Howdy My goal is to block locally the applications on a Solaris 10 server to access specific port on a remote machine. All attempts to access the <remote ip>:<remote port> should be rejected with ICMP port unreachable or with TCP RST. I tried with the following: block... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralome
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fragments from file

I have a .xml file that looks something like this : <measInfo> ......... string1 ......... </measInfo> <measInfo> ...... string2 ........ </measInfo> I want to extract only the 'chunk of file' from '<measInfo>' to '</measInfo>' containing string1 (or a certain string that I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
13 Replies

8. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

A little help with ipfilter on Omnios

I'm on OmniOS. I have set a linux zone(lx zone) wich use 10.2.0.0/24 network. The other network,connected to internet is 192.168.0.0/24 The network interface of 10.2.0.0/24 is bge1 The network interface of 192.168.0.0/24 is bge0 I know is more easy to use the same network but i prefer to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the results of these two code fragments are not the same?

Code 1: #!/bin/sh for arg1 in "$@" do counter=0 for arg2 in "$@" do if && then counter=$((counter+1)) continue fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnprogrammer
8 Replies