Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to generate multiple lines in a text file? Post 302480806 by R0H0N on Thursday 16th of December 2010 01:38:32 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Code:
for i in 1 2 3
do
   for j in 1 2 3
   do
      echo "aaaa/bbbb/${i}-${j}.txt" >> outputFile
   done
done

R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing multiple lines of text in a file

Hi, I'm trying to remove multiple lines of text based off a series of different words and output it to a new file The document contains a ton of data but i want to delete any line that has the following mx1.rr.biz.com or ns2.ri.biz.com i tried using grep -v filename "mx1.rr.biz.com" >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help please, extract multiple lines from a text file

Hi all, I need to extract lines between the lines 'RD' and 'QA' from a text file (following). there are more that one of such pattern in the file and I need to extract all of them. however, the number of lines between them is varied in the file. Therefore, I can not just use 'grep -A' command.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnshembb
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JOINING MULTIPLE LINES IN A TEXT FILE USING GAWK

sir... am having a data file of customer master., containing some important fields as a set one line after another., what i want is to have one set of these fields(rows) one after another in line.........then the second set... and so on... till the last set completed. I WANT THE DATA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Multiple Lines from a Text File

Hello. I am sorry if this is a common question but through all my searching, I haven't found an answer which matches what I want to do. I am looking for a sed command that will parse through a large text file and extract lines that start with specific words (which are repeated throughout the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrDumbQuestion
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process multiple lines in a text file

Hi All I have text file like this: a=21ej c=3tiu32 e=hydkehw f=hgdiuw g=jhdkj a=klkjhvl b=dlkjhyfd a=yo c=8732 Any way I can process data from first a to just before of second a, and then second a to just before of 3rd one. Just fetching records like that will help, I mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandipjee
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a text file

Hi I have a text file named main.txt with 10,000 lines. I have another file with a list of line numbers (around 1000) of the lines to be deleted from main.txt file. I tried with sed but it removes only a range of line numbers. Thanks for any help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join multiple lines from text file

Hi Guys, Could you please advise how to join multiple details lines into single row, with HEADER 1 as the record separator and comma(,) as the field separator. Input: HEADER 1, HEADER 2, HEADER 3, 11,22,33, COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3, AA1, BB1, CC1, END: ABC HEADER 1, HEADER 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)