Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add data from 2 input files and save it in 1 output file Post 302480777 by redse171 on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 09:48:56 PM
Old 12-15-2010
How to add data from 2 input files and save it in 1 output file

Hi,

i have 2 input files which are file1.txt and file2.txt. I need to extract data from file1.txt and file2.txt and save it in file3.txt like example below:-

File1.txt
ID scrap1
Name scrap1
start 1
end 10

ID scrap2
Name scrap2
start 11
end 15

ID scrap3
Name scrap3
start 20
end 70

File2.txt
N size1.pf size1.fna
N size2.pf size2.fna
N size3.pf size3.fna

the input are from 2 different files and the output should be in file3.txt and should have as follows:-

File3.txt
scrap1 scrap1 N size1.pf size1.fna
scrap2 scrap2 N size1.pf size1.fna
scrap3 scrap3 N size1.pf size1.fna

the first 2 columns has the same data but for different field which are ID and Name. How to do this in perl or sed? i have more than 10k data to deal with in this way. appreciate if u could help on this. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing data of output file with input

Hi, I have a ksh which peocess and get me data from 3 days... ie if i process it on jan 28.. it gets data for 25, 26 and 27.... the process run every day and get previous 3 days data...all this data is appened to a file lets call time.out Now time.out cannot have deplicate data so what i want... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

building output file from multiple input files

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a way to combine multiple sources with different data on a single file, and I am trying to find the best way to do it. I have multiple files, let's say A, B, C and D. A has a field in common with B, B has a field in common with C, and C has a field in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data in input file if 2nd script output SUCCESS

Hi All, how can i edit my original data and add more data if my 2nd script outputs SUCESS? ex. input file: 1.txt nik,is,the 1script.sh if 2ndscript.sh output SUCCESS then i'm going to edit my input file and add data best,pogi.. sample outputdata. nik,is,the,best,pogi 2ndscript.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Text file input data and save it.

Hi Guys, I have blank file A.txt I will run the script xyz.sh First i want to open a.txt file... Now i will enter some data like XYZ ABC PQR .. Save it and keep continue my script.... END of my script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat output if input file is empty, but not if file has data in it

The below awk improved bu @MadeInGermany, works great as long as the input file has data in it in the below format: input chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 631 18 chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 632 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add coordinates to line of output extracted from input file

I am trying to compare/confirm the output of an script using the perl below, which does execute. However I can not seem to print $1 and $2 in each line of the input separated by a tab in each line of the output. The input file is quite large so I have only included a portion, but the format is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
COMBINE(1)																COMBINE(1)

NAME
combine - combine sets of lines from two files using boolean operations SYNOPSIS
combine file1 and file2 combine file1 not file2 combine file1 or file2 combine file1 xor file2 _ file1 and file2 _ _ file1 not file2 _ _ file1 or file2 _ _ file1 xor file2 _ DESCRIPTION
combine combines the lines in two files. Depending on the boolean operation specified, the contents will be combined in different ways: and Outputs lines that are in file1 if they are also present in file2. not Outputs lines that are in file1 but not in file2. or Outputs lines that are in file1 or file2. xor Outputs lines that are in either file1 or file2, but not in both files. "-" can be specified for either file to read stdin for that file. The input files need not be sorted, and the lines are output in the order they occur in file1 (followed by the order they occur in file2 for the two "or" operations). Bear in mind that this means that the operations are not commutative; "a and b" will not necessarily be the same as "b and a". To obtain commutative behavior sort and uniq the result. Note that this program can be installed as "_" to allow for the syntactic sugar shown in the latter half of the synopsis (similar to the test/[ command). It is not currently installed as "_" by default, but you can alias it to that if you like. SEE ALSO
join(1) AUTHOR
Copyright 2006 by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL. moreutils 2012-04-09 COMBINE(1)