Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] processor type and bit information Post 302480710 by luft on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 03:08:02 PM
Old 12-15-2010
Thanks for the quick response..

1) I was able to confrim that it was a 64 bit OS from the getconf KERNEL_BITS command.

2) I was unable to run the ioscan command as I did not have the privilege to run it. I've requested my SA to run that command and I'm waiting for a reply.

3) I ran model and it displayed the following output... Not sure if I can come to a conclusion based on this output as to whether its Itanium or not..

$ model
9000/800/rp3440

Thanks again for your help...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to know the processor bit capacity

how to know for a particular solaris machine whether i am having a 64 bit or 32 bit processor??? like for machine with details SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-20 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to know the bit information of OS

How to know the bit information of different OS, since "isainfo -kv" shows the bit information of solaris. It would be helpful, if there is some comand to know the above. Thanks, Alok (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write to multiple files depending on file type (solved)

I want a script that will add comments to a file before check-in files. comments depend on type of files. i have a script to list files in the directory that will be checked-in There are xml, js, html, vm files. vm will use comments like c/c++ ( // or /*..*/) can you help me add a comment line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Verify 4 GB Limit is overcome in 64 Bit Processor

We are moving from a 32 Bit PA-RISC processor to 64 Bit Itanium processor based System. I am aware that 64 Bit processor allows for memory (RAM) addressibility beyond the 4 GB memory (RAM) limit imposed by a 32 bit processor I have been asked to prove that the new systems are capable of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: allanbm
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Editing the alphabet's based on position information

I do have a file of the following format file 1 >SAM ATGCTCCTTAGCTACGTAGCAAGTAGAAAAAA AGCGCGAGCATTGAAGCGGAGGAGAGGAGGA TGAGATGATGACCCAGTATAAAGAGTGATGAT like this above file. file 1 has 1000's of lines. I would like to edit this file1 using the information from file2 (see below), by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Unable to fetch the UNIX variable information

I am having a file called variable_info.ksh in that file I am having following global variable information like… EMAIL_PATH=/var/mail TMP_PATH=/home/tmp And we are having another temporary parameter file abcd.txt, in that file we are having the following information like… EMAIL|EMAI_PATH I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesahammad
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Testing Data Type of User Input

hi all i'm new in shell scripting and now i'm working on project and i wanna make a function take input from user and test it's datatype then if correct write it to file i wounder what is the best way to do this ? can i use awk ? edit by bakunin: Please give your threads a meaningful... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamed91
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How can I pull specific information from PS?

I need to grab information from the output of the ps command. For each line of ps output that contains _progres -b I need to get the word that follows -p. The "-p" can be anywhere after "_progres -b". Using grep to select the correct lines is no problem (e.g. ps -ef|grep "_progres \-b|grep -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Papa Lee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extracting information from DDL's

Dear Experts, I need your help here. I have lot of teradata DDL's as follows, i want to extract field names , field attributes and NOT NULL information from DDL.Could you please help here. Sample DDL: CREATE MULTISET TABLE APS_CALL_IN_PICKUP_CANCELED ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
machid(1)						      General Commands Manual							 machid(1)

NAME
machid: hp9000s200, hp9000s300, hp9000s400, hp9000s500, hp9000s700, hp9000s800, hp-mc680x0, hp-pa, pdp11, u370, u3b, u3b10, u3b2, u3b5, vax - provide truth value about processor type SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The following commands return a true value (exit code 0) if the a processor type matches the command name. Otherwise a false value (exit code nonzero) is returned. These commands are commonly used within makefiles and shell procedures to improve portability of applications (see make(1)). +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ |Command | True for ||Command | True for | +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ |hp9000s200 | Series 200 ||pdp11 | PDP-11/45 or PDP-11/70 | |hp9000s300 | Series 300 ||u3b | 3B20 computer | |hp9000s400 | Series 400 ||u3b2 | 3B2 computer | |hp9000s500 | Series 500 ||u3b5 | 3B5 computer | |hp9000s700 | Series 700 ||u3b10 | 3B10 computer | |hp9000s800 | Series 800 or 700 ||u370 | IBM System/370 computer | |hp-mc680x0 | Series 200, 300, or 400 ||vax | VAX-11/750 or VAX-11/780 | |hp-pa | Series 700 or 800 || | | +-----------+-------------------------++--------+--------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Given a shell script that must behave differently when run on an HP 9000 Series 700 or 800 system, select the correct code segment to be executed: WARNINGS
always returns true on both Series 800 and Series 700 systems. Therefore, when using this command in scripts to determine hardware type, always use both and in the appropriate sequence to ensure correct results (see machid(1) will no longer provide support for future machines beyond the Series 800 and Series 700 systems. Decisions should be based on the hardware and software configuration information returned by getconf(1). SEE ALSO
getconf(1), make(1), sh(1), test(1), true(1). machid(1)