Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .properties file and new line feeds Post 302480669 by DGPickett on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 12:46:10 PM
Old 12-15-2010
How do you put it on the server, ftp not in binary, perhaps?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

carriage return/line feeds

Hello, I have a file that has got carriage returns in it and I want to take them out. Anyone know how I can do this in a ksh? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitstop
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feeds

Hi, I have a fixed width flat file which has 1 as the first char and E as the last character. Some of the records have a carriage return /line feeds . how do I remove them? Let me know. Thanks VSK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsk
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

line feeds in csv

:confused: hi all, i have csv file with three comma separated columns i/p file First_Name, Address, Last_Name XXX, "456 New albany \n newyork, Unitedstates \n 45322-33", YYY\n ZZZ, "654 rifle park \n toronto, canada \n 43L-w3b", RRR\n is there any way i can remove \n (newline) from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrish
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spurious line feeds

Hi all, I know this is **awfully** general but..... I have a script which does, basically... for file in `find command`; do some stuff more stuff echo '.\c' done I want to output the '.' char just to give an idea of progress. However, it works fine for a while and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

supressing carrige returns/line feeds

Hi gurus I am stripping lots of email addresses from a file with this grep "^To" file.log |awk '{print "1,"$2}' > recipients.out file.log looks something like this: oasndfoasnosf To: person@email.co.uk lsdfjosd sdlfnmsopdfwer dtlghodrgn To: person2@emailsss.com sldfnsdf I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry2009
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimited data contains line feeds where they shouldn't be

I have some data, each record (line) ends with a line feed (\n). Each field is pipe (|) delimited. 1|short desc|long text|2001-01-01 01:01 2|short desc| long text |2002-02-02 02:02 3|short desc| long text | 2003-03-03 03:03 4|short desc | long text | 2004-04-04 04:04 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericdp63
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove line feeds followed by character

Hi everyone, I'm very new to using sed, run through some tutorials and everything but I've hit a problem that I'm unable to solve by myself. I need to remove all linefeeds that are followed by a particular character (in this case a semicolon). So basically, all lines starting with a semicolon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluffdasheep
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Appending # to the start of specific line in a properties file

Hi, I have the following file, ABC.txt: ABC=123 DEF=234 FGH=345 Based on my validation and conditional processing it is observed that i need to comment or append # before DEF=234 so the same file ABC.txt should look as follows ABC=123 #DEF=234 FGH=345 Sorry if its a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

useless line feeds in ldapsearch output. Howto remove with shell script?

Hi $ cat ad.sh ldapsearorg -x -LLL -h sb1131z.testbadbigcorp.org -D "CN=ADMINZZ,OU=AdminRoles,DC=testbadbigcorp,DC=org" -w "UT3w4f57lll--4...4" -b "OU=Test,DC=testbadbigcorp,DC=org" "(&(&(&(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(lockoutTime:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=4294967295)))))" dn$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage return/line feeds on multiple lines

I would like to remove carriage returns/line feeds in a text file, but in a specific cadence: Read first line (Header Line 1), remove cr/lf at the end (replace it with a space ideally); Read the next line (Line of Text 2), leave the cr/lf intact; Read the next line, remove the cr/lf; Read... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2012
14 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X