Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: insert comma in a text file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insert comma in a text file Post 302480607 by radoulov on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 10:38:59 AM
Old 12-15-2010
Could you please explain why: 0,21, and not 021,?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing comma delimited text file

I need to delete a set of files in certain directories if there're older than a certain number of days. So I have a text file, with each line containing the directory & number of days. The format is like this: dirA,5 dirB,7 How do I write script to iteratively parse this text file & delete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you delete multiple text from a comma delimited file

I would like to know code that will delete multiple text from a comma delimited file. For example, how would the comma delimited file below delete the word 'PEST' in Perl language (previously an excel file that was converted to a csv and the last column was PEST): 1, 2,43,34, bosx,PEST 1,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character

Hi , How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character. cat temp.txt A,B,C,D I want this file to be like A B C D Please help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma text file to Column in html format

I am trying to generate a report with below file : File1 : EQADM,edrtere9-phys,8122caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere11-phys,8227caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere3-phys,822caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick can you help me convert it to html and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format file into comma separated text file?

Hi Guys, I have text file which is tab/space separated but I want it to re-format into a comma separated and trim the spaces in between. Can someone spare me a perl or sed script that can do the job? INPUT FILE: 500010245623 500 21-APR-11 05.58.21 PM ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the text file with comma at the end of every word

Hi folks, Using shell, I am trying the append comma to every line of text. the requirement is like, I have to open the txt file in unix and read line by line and should add comma at the end of every word to make it single line txt file ------- abc@gmail.com bcd@gmail.com... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert comma

my file looks like this: 297 PC Closed 07/10/12 999000098 AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HEALTHCAR 0.00 USD 1 NAI i want to look line this: 297,PC,Closed,07/10/12,999000098,AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HEALTHCAR,0.00,USD,1,NAI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data between comma delimiters-large file

Having a huge file in the following format. 2,3,1,,,4 1,2,3,,,,,5, 8,7,3,4,,,, Output needed is: 2,3,1,0.0,0.0,4 1,2,3,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,5, 8,7,3,4,0.0,0.0,0.0, I have tried reading the file each line, using AWK to parse to find out ",," and then insert 0.0 . It works but very slow. Need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
8 Replies
Catalyst::Controller::SRU(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Catalyst::Controller::SRU(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Controller::SRU - Dispatch SRU methods with Catalyst SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Controller::SRU; # use it as a base controller use base qw( Catalyst::Controller::SRU ); # explain, scan and searchretrieve methods sub explain { my ( $self, $c, $sru_request, # ISA SRU::Request::Explain $sru_response, # ISA SRU::Response::Explain ) = @_; } sub scan { my ( $self, $c, $sru_request, # ISA SRU::Request::Scan $sru_response, # ISA SRU::Response::Scan $cql, # ISA CQL::Parser root node ) = @_; } sub searchRetrieve { my ( $self, $c, $sru_request, # ISA SRU::Request::SearchRetrieve $sru_response, # ISA SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve $cql, # ISA CQL::Parser root node ) = @_; } DESCRIPTION
This module allows your controller class to dispatch SRU actions ("explain", "scan", and "searchRetrieve") from its own class. METHODS
index : Private This method will create an SRU request, response and possibly a CQL object based on the type of SRU request it finds. It will then pass the data over to your customized method. SEE ALSO
o Catalyst AUTHOR
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005-2009 by Brian Cassidy This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2009-12-02 Catalyst::Controller::SRU(3pm)