Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Java Runtime Execution require reboot of pSeries server regularly? Post 302480585 by DGPickett on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 09:52:45 AM
Old 12-15-2010
What a mystery. The JAVA executable should not care about the history of the server. Maybe there was little swap left, or something such, that forced the JVM to gc more often. The java executable and your app should not be more sensitive than any other executable or application. What sort of resources does the JAVA app use (network, RDBMS, NFS files, local files)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pmlist execution makes reboot?!

Hi All, When I try to execute pmlist -s command to know about processor information, machine is getting reboot. What is the problem to use this command.? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
2 Replies

2. AIX

allocate memory for shell script at runtime during execution--urgent critical help!!

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server goes down regularly- Please help

Hi , I need a clarification on an issue that we have been facing for two weeks now. From past one year we had issue with space on our Linux machine on which our application ( View VC, CVS) hosted on it. Due to swap memeory configuration being 0 and very less space on the server, the server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution time / runtime -- bash script please help!

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java runtime for mozilla firefox 3.5.3 installation

Hi, community, I am using Karmica koala 9.10 and I wish to add to Firefox the JRE plugin. What I have to do? The problem arises when I try to copy from the Downloads dir the file to /usr/java that I created. I must have the root permissions, I think. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mauropera
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status from ksh script exec from java using runtime

how do i get the exit status from a ksh or perl script executed in a java program using Runtime? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk
1 Replies

8. Programming

Java Runtime.getRuntime().exec not returning any value

Hi, i written class like this but it is not returning any results and infact p.waitFor() is returning value 1. This is very basic program that i am planning to run in unix. This is really killing my time and unable to find correct reason.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

NAME
reboot - Reboots system or halts processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> void reboot( int howto ); PARAMETERS
Specifies a mask of options. DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function restarts the system. The startup is automatic and brings up /vmunix in the normal, nonmaintenance mode. The calling process must have superuser privilege to run this function successfully. However, a reboot is invoked automatically in the event of unre- coverable system failures. The following options, defined in the sys/reboot.h include file are passed to the new kernel or the new bootstrap and init programs. They are supplied as values to the howto parameter. The default, causing the system to reboot in its usual fashion. Dump kernel memory before rebooting; see the savecore command for more information. The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. The disks are not sync'd before the processor is halted or rebooted. Normally, the disks are sync'd (see the sync() command) before the processor is halted or rebooted. Because the disks are not sync'd with the RB_NOSYNC option, loss of data may result from using it. When no options are given (that is, RB_AUTOBOOT is used), the system is rebooted from file vmunix in the root file system of unit 0 (zero) of a disk chosen in a processor-specific way. (see the fsck command). RETURN VALUES
If successful, this call does not return. Otherwise, a -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the reboot() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: The calling process does not have appropriate privilege. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: crashdc(8), halt(8), init(8), reboot(8), savecore(8) delim off reboot(2)