Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX winscp between AIX and windows Post 302480558 by snchaudhari2 on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 09:19:05 AM
Old 12-15-2010
Nope....no luck...I just tried as you said...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

WINSCP for Linux?

Is there something that will work on Linux with the same functionality like Winscp? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
5 Replies

2. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies

6. AIX

WINSCP Log in AIX 6.1

Hello Team, In my environment , Application team using winscp to create/modify/delete the files in the AIX server from their windows boxes. I have enabled the user history, su logs and lastlog, but the users whoever using winscp its not getting tracked. How to enable the WINSCP logs in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is winscp?

Hi I am new to using unix and editors for unix.. what is winscp? how to use it? what are ways to download this and learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swathi123
1 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
shownonascii(1)                                               General Commands Manual                                              shownonascii(1)

NAME
shownonascii - View all or part of a mail message in a non-ASCII font SYNOPSIS
shownonascii charset-font-name [-e command-to-execute] file-name(s) DESCRIPTION
The shownonascii program allows data in non-ASCII character sets to be viewed under X11. By default, it will open up an xterm using the font named in the first argument, running the "more" command to view all of the files named on the command line. If the -e switch is used, the rest of the command line will be taken as the command to tell xterm to run instead of more. If the MM_CHARSET environment variable is set and matches the character set named in the first argument, a new xterm window will not be opened. If the MM_AUXCHARSETS environment variable is set the character set named in the first argument is a subset of that string, a new xterm window will not be opened. SEE ALSO
mailto-hebrew(1), mailto(1), metamail(1) BUGS
Nope. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 shownonascii(1)