Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting Files and Clearing Diskspace Post 302480503 by radoulov on Wednesday 15th of December 2010 06:40:15 AM
Old 12-15-2010
You're looking at the directory file, not at the size of the files under that directory.
You could use a different command:

HTML Code:
bash-2.03$ ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt  22 root     sys         7250 Dec 15 12:30 /tmp
bash-2.03$ du -ks /tmp
382912  /tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diskspace usage info

Anybody can help me? I need to know a specified folder diskspace usage, that's how much bytes that folder and its files/folders below spend on my storage. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nusajunus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diskspace

Hi there, pls help me, i have a problem, how i can find out the disk amount of each harddisk per command (not the on label on the Harddisk) i need it on HP UX and Sun. can anybody helb me???? pls thanks Scotty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compute diskspace

Guys, have any idea for the script like this? also to compute w/ decimal. thanks a=10 b=20 c=30 d=40 if a < b then ( a -b)*1024 = free space b + (c -d) = total space if a > b then (b / d)*1024 = cpu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ASM Diskspace

Hi I want to check Oracle ASM disk status through a PERL script. Script flow would be like this ... 1. Its taking diskgroup name in the command line... 2. Connect to Oracle database 3. If connection error send a critical message. Plz replyyyyyyy...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
1 Replies

5. Solaris

graphical diskspace analyzer

Hi all, recently I took over the admin task for a solaris 5.10 machine. Being a little bit familiar with debian systems Solaris is up to now a complete mystery to me. The first thing I would like to have is a graphical diskspace analyzer. I mean something like BaoBab under gnome. I there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]elimination with diskspace

dear all, i want elimination file with disk space for example: $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 62G 19G 41G 31% / /dev/sda1 99M 13M 82M 13% /boot tmpfs 1014M 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

DiskSpace Error

Hi, While am preparing the script for diskspace for different partitions different threshhold limit. am getting below error: ./test.sh: syntax error at line 5: `space=$' unexpected Script ==== #!/bin/sh df -h |grep -v '/oradata2'|grep -v '/orabkp' |grep -v '/oradata5' | awk '{ print $5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan83
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allocate diskspace AT&T SV R4

# Hello -all, I have a problem with the SV R4 install. During the floppy2 procedure I get the message that I allocated less than 35 Mb for UNIX. It's a clean install, no other OS. Just a clean PC with a 40Gb disk. I get the # prompt telling me to restart the installation to allocate more Mb's..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
2 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_MOVEFILES(1)