Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to understand the script Post 302480362 by thankbe on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 04:27:37 PM
Old 12-14-2010
THNAKS

Thank you so much buddy.

---------- Post updated at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:22 PM ----------

Hi can you tell me
find /opt/test/log -type f -name "*.log.*" -mtime +30 | wc -l is not working.
I ahve t find out the file which is older than 30 days.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help wanted to understand MQ script

hi , i am writing a script to copy the MQ messages from onw queue to another. The following i got from one site, but i di not understand , can anyone explain. /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER -i$Q_NAME_SRC_1 -F/logs/mq/MQ_COPYdump_$Q_NAME_SRC_1.$$ /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand the script

I am relatively new to Shell Scripting. I can't understand the following two scripts. Can someone please spare a minute to explain? 1) content s of file a are (021) 654-1234 sed 's/(//g;s/)//g;s/ /-/g' a 021-654-1234 2)cut -d: -f1,3,7 /etc/passwd |sort -t: +1n gives error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand the script pls help

Can u please explain what it is doing #!/bin/sh fullyear=`/home/local/bin/datemmdd 1`"."`date +%Y` uehist=/u05/home/celldba/utility/ue/prod/history echo $fullyear cd $uehist ls -ltr pwroutages.master.$fullyear* | awk '{print $9}' > /u01/home/celldba/tmp/pwroutages_master_all_tmp while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand ksh script

Hi All, I have a ksh script & would like to understand mening of below lines in script, Starting lines of script is as below, #!/bin/ksh #%W% %I% %D% %T% ---- ??? #%W%G --- ??? num_ctrl_files=0 OS=`uname` if then //g' | egrep -v '(.sh:|.ksh:)' | sed 's/^.*://g' | sed 's/^M//g' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand script formte

Hi i have one script and i am running it but not getting current output so i want to understand how to input in the script. when i do help then i am getting below massage thanks got it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand a script

Hello world! Can someone please explain me how this code works? I'ts supposed to find words in a dictionary and show the anagrams of the words. { part = word2key($1) data = $1 } function word2key(word, a, i, x, result) { x = split(word, a, "") asort(a) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose2802
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand script output

New to korn shel1 and having an issue. The following is suppose to read the parameter values from files in a source directory and then pass them on to a log file in a different directory, The ArchiveTracker scripts is suppose to call the parameterreader script to exact the parameter values and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me understand this script

#!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {i=1;file="modified.txt"} { if ($0 !~ /^DS:/) {print $0 >> file} else { if ($0 ~ /^DS:/) {print "DS: ",i >> file;if (i==8) {i=1} else {i++}}; } } END {gzip file} Can someone explain to me how this above script works, I got it from a friend but not able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
3 Replies
GENBACKUPDATA(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GENBACKUPDATA(1)

NAME
genbackupdata - generate backup test data SYNOPSIS
genbackupdata [--chunk-size=SIZE] [--config=FILE] [-c=SIZE] [--create=SIZE] [--depth=DEPTH] [--dump-config] [--dump-setting-names] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--max-files=MAX-FILES] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [--quiet] [--seed=SEED] [--version] DESCRIPTION
genbackupdata generates test data sets for performance testing of backup software. It creates a directory tree filled with files of dif- ferent sizes. The total size and the distribution of sizes between small and big are configurable. The program can also modify an exist- ing directory tree by creating new files, and deleting, renaming, or modifying existing files. This can be used to generate test data for successive generations of backups. The program is deterministic: with a given set of parameters (and a given pre-existing directory tree), it always creates the same output. This way, it is possible to reproduce backup tests exactly, without having to distribute the potentially very large test sets. The data set consists of plain files and directories. Files are either small text files or big binary files. Text files contain the "lorem ipsum" stanza, binary files contain randomly generated byte streams. The percentage of file data that is small text or big binary files can be set, as can the sizes of the respective file types. Files and directories are named "fileXXXX" or "dirXXXX", where "XXXX" is a successive integer, separate successions for files and directo- ries. There is an upper limit to how many files a directory may contain. After the file limit is reached, a new sub-directory is created. The first set of files go into the root directory of the test set. You have to give one of the options --create, --delete, --rename, or --modify for the program to do anything. You can, however, give more than one of them, if DIR already exists. (Giving the same option more than once means that only the last instance is counted.) (DIR) is created if it doesn't exist already. OPTIONS
--chunk-size=SIZE generate data in chunks of this size (default: 16384) --config=FILE add FILE to config files -c, --create=SIZE how much data to create (default: 0) --depth=DEPTH depth of directory tree (default: 3) --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --file-size=SIZE size of one file (default: 16384) --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --max-files=MAX-FILES max files/dirs per dir (default: 128) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --quiet do not report progress --seed=SEED seed for random number generator (default: 0) --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLES
Create data for the first generation of a backup: genbackupdata --create=10G testdir Modify an existing set of backup data to create a new generation: genbackupdata -c 5% -d 2% -m 5% -r 0.5% testdir The above command can be run for each new generation. GENBACKUPDATA(1)