Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy file after searching in a directory Post 302480312 by anurag.singh on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 01:50:41 PM
Old 12-14-2010
I see.. That's right. cat should be avoided. Tks !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a file withoug leaving home directory!!

hello there ! I am in my current working directory, and i want search a file in "dev" directory which is under root(/), but i donot want leave my current working directory. is it possible to find file like that ? let us say i am in /home/bin/user/malik/abid directory and i want find a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching each file in a directory for text

what command can i use to search the files in a directory for a text. the output would list the files containing the text. ive tried this but it is not exactly what im looking to do: find . -name "*.xml" -exec agrep searchstring {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim majors
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching directory for file that contains some text.

If I go into a directory and type in .. more * | grep foo I get the lines of text that contain foo in all of the files in the directory out of all of the files that are there. How do I make it so I can find out what the names of the files are that contain that text "foo"? By doing what I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for searching a record,copy to a file and then delete it

Hi, I have a requirement in hand: I have a file with millions of records say file 1.I have another file, say file 2 which has 2000 records in it. The requirement is to read file2 , and remove the read record from file 1 and move i to a seperate file, file 3. For eg: Read file 2, get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumara2010
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a file to a directory?

Hello all, I've been researching this problem for days, and have gotten no luck . =/ How do you copy a file to another directory without being in the same directory as the file? So, for example, say I wanted to copy the file 'my.txt' that is in the directory ' /export/hom0/user/asdf ' to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvnqiu
9 Replies

6. Programming

how to copy file to a directory

Hello, I've been spending a lot of hours trying to imitate cp copying a file to a directory. cp I just can't seem to write to a specified directory, it only creates a copy on the current directory. any hints/tips will help! Thanks! here's the code i've been trying to manipulate: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with searching for a file in a directory and copying the contents of that file in a new file

Hi guys, I am a newbie here :wall: I need a script that can search for a file in a directory and copy the contents of that file in a new file. Please help me. :confused: Thanks in advance~ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching the file in a directory

Hi Folks, I am using the putty as I need to check the logs, My query is that I know the location of my logs ..that is cd /var /logs/abc.log so I can reach to this place and open the logs in putty, But what About if I do not the location only thing I know the name of the abc.log , and I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching File in Directory and all Subdirectory and Delete

Hi All, My directory structure is like Directory1 SubDirectory1 SubDirectory2 SubDirectory3 I have main directories and subdirectories underneath. I want to write a shell script where I will be passing file name as a parameter, Now I want to find all the files in Directory1... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: John William
19 Replies
ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)						   User Commands						  ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)

NAME
ATR_analysis - analyse a smart card ATR SYNOPSIS
ATR_analysis [ATRstring] DESCRIPTION
ATR_analysis is used to parse the ATR (Answer To Reset) sent by a smart card. The command also tries to find the card model using an ATR database stored in a text file smartcard_list.txt. The smartcard_list.txt file is searched in ./, /usr/local/pcsc/ and /usr/share/pcsc/ directories. Exemple: $ ATR_analysis '3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52' ATR: 3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 + TS = 3B --> Direct Convention + T0 = A7, Y(1): 1010, K: 7 (historical bytes) TB(1) = 00 --> Programming Param P: 0, I: 0 TD(1) = 40 --> Y(i+1) = 0100, Protocol T = 0 ----- TC(2) = 18 --> Work waiting time: 960 x 24 x (Fi/F) + Historical bytes: 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 Possibly identified card: 3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 Gemplus GPK8000 BUGS
Maybe many bugs since I am not a ISO 7816 expert. FILES
smartcard_list.txt SEE ALSO
pcscd(8), pcsc_scan(1) AUTHOR
Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> Version: 1.3 October 2005 ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)