Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure disk array in RAID5 and create file system Post 302480261 by Kjons76 on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 11:06:28 AM
Old 12-14-2010
great, that worked. Will it automatically mount at restart or do I need to edit vfstab? and how do I edit it?

I spoke with the DBA and he said I need to create a 10GB file system. u01/app/oracle how do I do that?

Sorry for the simple questions but I appreciate the quick response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

create a new file system

I have just installed 5.0.7 of openserver and forgot to create a /u filesystem. I have a root filesystem that takes up most of the hard disc space and I want to reduce the size of that and create a /u. I have tried divvy amd mkdev fs but to no avail. Could somebody give me some idea as to how I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rongrout
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a new file system

Is there any URL or procedure to create a new file system on solaris 8/9/10.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create array holding characters from sring then echo array.

Hi, I wish to store $string1 in $string1array a character in each array element. Then i wish to echo the entire array to the screen so that it reads as the normal string again. I have been trying with the code below but does not work. Please help... To put string into array: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I create an array from a file using every 3rd line

A file contains the following information shown below. Every ceName has 2 consecutive lines that have to be evaluated, using awk, sed, cut (any common unix tools). Input file: ceName: Node-1 processName: tzMgmt Status: PROCESS_NOT_RUNNING ceName: Node-2 processName: tzMgmt Status:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For create file system.

How many ways and how we can create unix file system in sun solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anupdas
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RAID5 multi disk failure

Hi there, Don't know if my title is relevant but I'm dealing with dangerous materials that I don't really know and I'm very afraid to mess anything up. I have a Debian 5.0.4 server with 4 x 1TB hard drives. I have the following mdstat Personalities : md1 : active raid1 sda1 sdd1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Create a bash array from a flat file of whitespaces only.

Hi guys and gals... MacBook Pro. OSX 10.13.2, default bash terminal. I have a flat file 1920 bytes in size of whitespaces only. I need to put every single whitespace character into a bash array cell. Below are two methods that work, but both are seriously ugly. The first one requires that I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)                                              CDBS Documentation                                              CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)