Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignoring file name case and decrypting it. Post 302480156 by robfwauk on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 06:33:13 AM
Old 12-14-2010
#do zip
ZipFiles=`ls | grep -i .zip` > /dev/null
for File in $ZipFiles
do
printf "\nUnpacking: ${File}."
unzip "$File"
done

#do gpg
GPGFiles=`ls | grep -i .gpg` > /dev/null
for File in $GPGFiles
do
printf "\nUnpacking: ${File}."
gpg "$File"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the threads it asked to visit a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decrypting Unix file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. Now, I want to decrypt the file. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file using shell script

how do you go about doing this i have a shell script here below but i am not to sure on the process of decrytpting the file. #!/bin/csh # # set am = ‘abcdefghijklm' set am = ‘ABCDEFGHIJKLM' set nz = ‘nopqrstuvwxyz' set NZ = ‘NOPQRSTUVWXYZ' cat $argv | tr $am $AM | tr $NZ $nz | tr $nz $am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: master_6ez
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring case in sed search

I am getting a parameter from a user and I need to use it to search and return the matching line numbers in a file. I am using this code: recordNumber="$(sed -n '/'"$entry"'/{ = d }' unixdb1.txt)" where $entry is the passed search parameter. The problem is I need to ignore the case. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring case

in if clause , how 1 can ignore case (i.e. small or capital) ny suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for encrypting/decrypting text file

Hello, I am a newbie in Shell scripting. At the moment, I have a program written in C++ which gives an output file in text format. I would like to write a shell program which can take that output file and encrypt it and later if needed I want to decrypt it. Could someone please help or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanin
3 Replies

8. Programming

Encrypting/Decrypting passwords

I know that simply encrypting and decrypting passwords in a script is as bad as storing them in plain text, but I've been searching for an answer to this for a few days now, and haven't found an answer that fits the problem I'm having. Here's the scenario. I'll give more details than I think may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdrisser
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines after ignoring case and spaces between

Oracle Linux 6.5 $ cat someStrings.txt GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on SCOTT.emp to JOHN; grant select on scott.emp to john; grant select on scott.dept to hr;If you ignore the case and the empty space between the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)