Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignoring file name case and decrypting it. Post 302480150 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 06:20:24 AM
Old 12-14-2010
Code:
find . -type f |while read file
do
  suffix=${file##*.}
  low=$(echo $suffix |tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]')
  if [[ "$low" == "zip" ]]; then
      unzip $file
  fi
  if [[ "$low" == "gpg" ]]; then
      gpg $file
  fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the threads it asked to visit a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decrypting Unix file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. Now, I want to decrypt the file. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file using shell script

how do you go about doing this i have a shell script here below but i am not to sure on the process of decrytpting the file. #!/bin/csh # # set am = ‘abcdefghijklm' set am = ‘ABCDEFGHIJKLM' set nz = ‘nopqrstuvwxyz' set NZ = ‘NOPQRSTUVWXYZ' cat $argv | tr $am $AM | tr $NZ $nz | tr $nz $am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: master_6ez
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring case in sed search

I am getting a parameter from a user and I need to use it to search and return the matching line numbers in a file. I am using this code: recordNumber="$(sed -n '/'"$entry"'/{ = d }' unixdb1.txt)" where $entry is the passed search parameter. The problem is I need to ignore the case. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignoring case

in if clause , how 1 can ignore case (i.e. small or capital) ny suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for encrypting/decrypting text file

Hello, I am a newbie in Shell scripting. At the moment, I have a program written in C++ which gives an output file in text format. I would like to write a shell program which can take that output file and encrypt it and later if needed I want to decrypt it. Could someone please help or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanin
3 Replies

8. Programming

Encrypting/Decrypting passwords

I know that simply encrypting and decrypting passwords in a script is as bad as storing them in plain text, but I've been searching for an answer to this for a few days now, and haven't found an answer that fits the problem I'm having. Here's the scenario. I'll give more details than I think may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdrisser
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines after ignoring case and spaces between

Oracle Linux 6.5 $ cat someStrings.txt GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on SCOTT.emp to JOHN; grant select on scott.emp to john; grant select on scott.dept to hr;If you ignore the case and the empty space between the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies
GNUPG_SIGN(3)								 1							     GNUPG_SIGN(3)

gnupg_sign - Signs a given text

SYNOPSIS
string gnupg_sign (resource $identifier, string $plaintext) DESCRIPTION
Signs the given $plaintext with the keys, which were set with gnupg_addsignkey before and returns the signed text or the signature, depending on what was set with gnupg_setsignmode. PARAMETERS
o $identifier -The gnupg identifier, from a call to gnupg_init(3) or gnupg. o $plaintext - The plain text being signed. RETURN VALUES
On success, this function returns the signed text or the signature. On failure, this function returns FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Procedural gnupg_sign(3) example <?php $res = gnupg_init(); gnupg_addsignkey($res,"8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC","test"); $signed = gnupg_sign($res, "just a test"); echo $signed; ?> Example #2 OO gnupg_sign(3) example <?php $gpg = new gnupg(); $gpg->addsignkey("8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC","test"); $signed = $gpg->sign("just a test"); echo $signed; ?> PHP Documentation Group GNUPG_SIGN(3)