Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support /etc/name_to_sysnum corrupted Post 302480129 by wkbn86 on Tuesday 14th of December 2010 05:16:09 AM
Old 12-14-2010
/etc/name_to_sysnum corrupted

Hi all ,
i have an issue in netra 20 server
when i boot the system its getting rebooting
and it is giving tha" /etc/name_to_sysnum " file not found
i done
OK> boot -ar
then also not solved
please can any body send the answer ASAP

regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

kernerl corrupted

hi , how do i get boot on sco5.04 if it has a kernel corruption . and no kernel backup . is there any option on the boot : before i hit enter ? thx art :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
3 Replies

2. AIX

LV corrupted

I'm getting the following error after we replaced a failed disk in a mirrored logical volume. We cleared the device entry in ODM before adding the new disk but when we create the mirror we get the following error after running lslv. 0516-022 lslv: Illegal parameter or structure value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfredo Jimenez
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Could be a corrupted file?

Hello! Do you know the meaning of... "crw-rw---- 1 informix informix 64 0x020001 Jan 21 2004 rifxroot" I don't know what the first "c" means. Furthermor, if I try to copy this file (rifxroot) it appears a message: "cp: cannot open rifxroot: No such device or address" I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaugrs
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Corrupted Hard Drive

I am running FC-7 which I realize is an older distro. But my question would apply to any distro. I ran fsck on my mounted file system (I know, I shouldn't have). Now it won't boot. I get a kernel panic message. I booted to a Knoppix Live Cd. The desktop icon shows /dev/sda2 mounted at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2buck56
4 Replies

5. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob corrupted

dear all , i was trying to run a cron as root , something happened because it displayed "/tmp/crontabC5a4lB" 14 lines, 495 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator does anyone knows the problems? thanks ---------- Post updated at 01:05 PM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 10 corrupted repository.db

Recently had a SAN issue which somehow resulted in my repository.db getting corrupted. I tried using the restore_repository script as suggested by the OS. This did not work due to / being in read only. Per instructions I ran /lib/svc/method/fs-root. This seemed to work. Now on to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passwd Utility Corrupted

I have a legacy Solaris 8 machine. Someone has overwitten the passwd utility so I now can't change passwords. Is there somwhere I can download a copy? I do have the installation CDs as well. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawess
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Files getting corrupted

$ uname -a Linux darksun 3.13.0-36-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 3 21:30:45 UTC 2014 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux My files are getting corrupted on a frequent basis. $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
10 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)