Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Redirecting Terminal to Local Application! Post 302479933 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of December 2010 10:29:12 AM
Old 12-13-2010
You should open the file with open(), not fopen(), since dup2() doesn't take file pointers. Neither does close(), for that matter. I'm surprised it didn't crash, and the compiler almost certainly warned you about this.

Why are you duplicating your output file over standard input?

Why are you duplicating STDIN to STDOUT?

Why are you duplicating STDIN to STDERR?

There's no magic to making it work, it's a matter of putting the files you want in the numbers you want. in your case, I think, you want the output file duplicated over stdout.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting one terminal into an other??

Hi guys; I want to show what am I doing on a terminal into another. I did something close but its not working really good. Example: cat /dev/pts/12 >/dev/pts/13 where 12 is my terminal and 13 its the other terminal. This is usefull for me to share my small unix knowledge to other people... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to a local file after sshing

ssh $USR@$host /bin/bash <<EOF awk ' BEGIN{f=0} !f { s=$0; sub(/,.+/, "", s); gsub(//, " ", s); t=(systime()-mktime(s)); if(t<=14400) f=1 } f ' /home/error.log >> error.txt EOFWe are trying to connect to a remote server through ssh and read values from error.log within last 4 hours.However, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepthz
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Can i bind to a local login terminal running using rsh or remotely

Hi Can i ask? I had multiple solaris workstation running and some local users using it. Is it possible to bind to the local user terminal or console he's using as if like the user well type and I can see it and what my typing in the local user see it also. Is it possible.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting the terminal to file

Hi, I want to save the whole Output of the terminal in a file. I dont want to redirect a single command to a file (ls -l > test.txt), I want to redirect the whole last 40 lines into a file. Maybe i can read out the terminal while working with it, but i cant find a way to save the whole... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niratschi
2 Replies

5. Slackware

X terminal: Redirecting remote sound to my local audio device

Hello everybody, I'm testing some aspects of X Terminal implementation and it's going great. I can use remote applications on my local slow workstation at remote's processor speed by redirecting the remote DISPLAY variable to "my_local_ip:0.0"; but i'm having troubles to get remote audio and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pbpaste to application in terminal

Is it possible to execute a pbpaste command to an application or current application in focus? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting script output to terminal

When ever i started my terminal,Every time I have to change the directory like "cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3" Without typing this entire command every time ,I placed "alias c='cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3'" in .bash_profile file. so that i can able to execute command 'c'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raviteja saddal
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to know local IP address in X-Terminal?

Im using a X-Terminal in my windows pc to connect to a Linux server. Is there a way to know my local IP address in my x-terminal console? Here are few commands which didnt help me: ss_cc@MGTS5026-13sh1:~> finger Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Where loadhlr ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting terminal to variable

when i do something like this: bona=$(echo hi2 > /dev/pts/1 ; printf '%s\n' "" | sed '/^$/d') i get: hi2 and the $bona variable is empty, when I run: echo ${bona} i get the result "hi2" outside of the variable. I want it stored in the bona variable with nothing outputted to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
PMDIRS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMDIRS(1p)

NAME
pmdirs - print out module directories DESCRIPTION
This just prints out the current @INC path, one directory per line. This is for people who don't want to parse through "perl -V" output or hack up their own calls to "perl -e". EXAMPLES
$ pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib/i686-linux /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . This also works for alternate version of Perl: $ filsperl -S pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . SEE ALSO
perlrun(1), perlvar(1), lib(3) AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMDIRS(1p)