Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Totals in a file - incorrectly displaying Post 302479920 by mcclunyboy on Monday 13th of December 2010 09:20:22 AM
Old 12-13-2010
AH, I have remember something.

I add the header record myself near the end of the script, by the time I have done this I have already created the trailer record - meaning the total is complete and doesn't use the header.

Anymore thoughts as to why my code is not correctly using 2 decimal places?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to a log file incorrectly

I have this script: #!/bin/ksh ######### Environment Setup ######### PATH=/gers/nurev/menu/pub/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/mac :/gers/nurev/menu/adm/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/mac:/ge... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating totals in AWK

Hello, With the following small script I list the size of documents belonging to a certain user by each time selecting the bytes-field of that file ($7). Now it fills the array with every file it finds so in the end the output of some users contains up to 200.000 numbers. So how can I calculate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

summarising totals in awk

awk ' FILENAME == "all" { balance += substr($0,17,13) dt = substr($0,6,8) } END { for ( name in balance ) printf("%013s %3s of %8s\n", balance/100,name,dt) | "sort " } ' all > summation using this code i wanted to take summary totals of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paresh n doshi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Specific records from file and add totals into variables

Hi Eveyone, I am working on one shell script to find the specific records from data file and add the totals into variables and print them. you can find the sample data file below for more clarification. Sample Data File: PXSTYL00__20090803USA CHCART00__20090803IND... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Totals

Hello, I have written a script in a previous server and its being migrated to a new server. I'm trying to debug my script since i've had to make minor changes to it to get it to work. I'm having a hard time getting my totals to populate here is the syntax DUMP_COUNT=`sqlplus -S... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to combine upload and download totals from txt file by ip address

I have two files, uploads.txt and downloads.txt. I would like to combine the columns of these files based on the ip address. How can I best do this? Uploads.txt 192.168.0.147 1565369 192.168.0.13 1664855 192.168.0.6 1332868 Downloads.txt 192.168.0.147 9838820 192.168.0.18 12051718... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanyspydude
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grand totals in awk

I have a one-liner script like this that gives a total of everything in various directories: for i in *; do (cd $i && cd statelist && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5}\ END { print "Total number of elements " SUM }');done It works just great but at the end I want to print a grand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls incorrectly says file not found in sftp.

Hi all When I sftp to an Oracle cloud server, to a folder where there are more than 10k files, and list a small subset of files, it works OK. When I try list more than 10k files, it says file not found. Example output below. (FYI ls/mget with 6k files works OK on this server) Has anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdinsdale
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large File masking incorrectly happening Ç delimeter issue

The OS version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 I have a script to mask some columns with **** in a data file which is delimeted with Ç , I am using awk for the masking , when I try to mask a small file the awk works fine and masks the required column , but when the file is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser8092
6 Replies
csv(n)								  CSV processing							    csv(n)

NAME
csv - Procedures to handle CSV data. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require csv ?0.3? ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} DESCRIPTION
The csv package provides commands to manipulate information in CSV FORMAT (CSV = Comma Separated Values). COMMANDS
The following commands are available: ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of lists of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". Each element of the outer list is considered a record, these are separated by newlines in the result. The elements of each record are formatted as usual (via ::csv::join). ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} A wrapper around ::csv::split2matrix (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given matrix. For an explanation of the expand argument see ::csv::split2matrix. ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::split2queue (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given queue. ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? A report command which can be used by the matrix methods format 2string and format 2chan. For the latter this command delegates the work to ::csv::writematrix. cmd is expected to be either printmatrix or printmatrix2channel. The channel argument, chan, has to be present for the latter and must not be present for the first. ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} converts a line in CSV format into a list of the values contained in the line. The character used to separate the values from each other can be defined by the caller, via sepChar, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} The same as ::csv::split, but appends the resulting list as a new row to the matrix m, using the method add row. The expansion mode specified via expand determines how the command handles a matrix with less columns than contained in line. The allowed modes are: none This is the default mode. In this mode it is the responsibility of the caller to ensure that the matrix has enough columns to contain the full line. If there are not enough columns the list of values is silently truncated at the end to fit. empty In this mode the command expands an empty matrix to hold all columns of the specified line, but goes no further. The overall effect is that the first of a series of lines determines the number of columns in the matrix and all following lines are truncated to that size, as if mode none was set. auto In this mode the command expands the matrix as needed to hold all columns contained in line. The overall effect is that after adding a series of lines the matrix will have enough columns to hold all columns of the longest line encountered so far. ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} The same as ::csv::split, but appending the resulting list as a single item to the queue q, using the method put. ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all rows in the matrix m and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all items in the queue q (assumes that they are lists) and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. FORMAT
Each record of a csv file (comma-separated values, as exported e.g. by Excel) is a set of ASCII values separated by ",". For other lan- guages it may be ";" however, although this is not important for this case (The functions provided here allow any separator character). If a value contains itself the separator ",", then it (the value) is put between "". If a value contains ", it is replaced by "". EXAMPLE
The record 123,"123,521.2","Mary says ""Hello, I am Mary""" is parsed as follows: a) 123 b) 123,521.2 c) Mary says "Hello, I am Mary" SEE ALSO
matrix, queue KEYWORDS
csv, matrix, queue, package, tcllib csv 0.3 csv(n)