Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL script -- calling 'sed' by passing 'variable value'. Post 302479912 by guruprasadpr on Monday 13th of December 2010 08:46:38 AM
Old 12-13-2010
Hi
Enclose the variable in the sed command with single quote.

Code:
sed -n \"\/'$report_start_date'\/,\/'$report_end_date'\/p\""

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to perl

I need a non-perl (bash) way to strip the path from a list of "find" results. Below is the perl version which I could use, if I could figure out how to call the script with a variable (like in sh, $1 is the variable passed in ./script variable) $file = "/path/to/file.txt"; # How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable passing to sed

I m trying to pass variable to sed. export var=140920060731 sed -e '/$var/d' file but no luch so far..? any body has any idea abt it Is there any way to pass variable to SED? Thanks , Manish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Jha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing exit code to calling script

In production I need to pass an exit code from a script that is being called 3 or 4 layers deep. I've created test scripts to play with it until I get it right. As you can tell, this is not my normal job. Perhaps I should have entered this in UNIX for Dummies section. Anyway, I keep losing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debbiekuch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter while calling a script

Hello everyone I was asked to pass a parameter in the calling of a script. IŽll have two parameters London and Birmingham and IŽll need to pass this because each of these will have a specific script however with the same name. /home/script/loaddata.ksh Lond /home/script/loaddata.ksh Birm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable to sed or cut

:confused: Is it possible to send a variable to a sed or cut command? I have a test script as below: counter=1 while read line do # Test the file printf "$line" > temp$counter pref=$(cut c1-2000 $temp$counter | sed 's///g' | sed 's|.*PutTime\(.*)Origin.*|\1|') printf" let... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable in sed

Dear All, I want to print a file. First I tried with this sed '2q;d' filename it worked. But when i put following it is not working x=2; sed '$xq;d' filename Would any one suggest how to pass the variable? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing value of a variable in sed

Hi, I want to pass value of a variable track_line which is the line number to sed. Sed should print the lines starting from track_line till the last line of the file. I tried the below command but it is not working. sed -n '${track_line},$p' latest_log_file I tried using the below too but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinupadhyaya8
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from bash to perl script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable from bash script to perl script and in the perl script i am using those variables in the sql query but its giving error : Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"COUNTRYCD"} in concatenation (.) or string at /GIS_ROOT/custom/tables/DBread_vendor.pl line 50. Can ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NileshJ
6 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)