Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX What is the use of command set -- and set - variable? Post 302479868 by gomathi on Monday 13th of December 2010 06:18:49 AM
Old 12-13-2010
unix version HP-UX B.11.23
shell ==> sh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable command

Hi all, I want to set a variable in ksh shell (prompt) and echo the value. $ set x=5 $echo $x But it is returning null. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need sed command to read a path and set to variable

I have a variable called PATH that contains a path example: /Users/rtipton/Desktop/testusers/test I need a sed command to set a variable called USER to the last directory name in that path PATH="/Users/rtipton/Desktop/testusers/test" and from that PATH i need USER to = test I know sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set mutliple words variable from command line

I'm writing a script (C shell) to search for a pattern in file. For example scriptname pattern file1 file2 filenN I use for loop to loop through arguments argv, and it does the job if all arguments are supplied. However if only one argument is supplied (in that case pattern ) it should ask to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patryk44
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable to command output

I'm hoping you guys can help me out here. I've been trying different methods to try and get what IW as hoping would be a fairly simple script but has turned into a pain. Bit of background - I am writing a script to check values in certain failes to ensure they are corerct. I'm runnign this on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set shell variable from command

shell script has a command inside back quotes in method update_TABLE I need to store the count of number of Rows updated and store it in shell script variable "num" num = 0; Update_TABLE Update_TABLE() { `echo " set verify off feedback off echo off pagesize 0 head off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finder255
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script set command to a variable

Hi, Will following set up work in bash script? I've got errors if assigning following binary command to a variable. But on the other hand, COMMAND="ls" works. Any explanation please? How can I assign binary command to a variable COMMAND then I can just call ${COMMAND}? COMMAND="rsync"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies
ttk::radiobutton(n)						 Tk Themed Widget					       ttk::radiobutton(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::radiobutton - Mutually exclusive option widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::radiobutton pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ttk::radiobutton widgets are used in groups to show or change a set of mutually-exclusive options. Radiobuttons are linked to a Tcl vari- able, and have an associated value; when a radiobutton is clicked, it sets the variable to its associated value. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -state -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-command command] A Tcl script to evaluate whenever the widget is invoked. [-value Value] The value to store in the associated -variable when the widget is selected. [-variable variable] The name of a global variable whose value is linked to the widget. Default value is ::selectedButton. WIDGET COMMAND
In addition to the standard cget, configure, identify, instate, and state commands, radiobuttons support the following additional widget commands: pathname invoke Sets the -variable to the -value, selects the widget, and evaluates the associated -command. Returns the result of the -command, or the empty string if no -command is specified. WIDGET STATES
The widget does not respond to user input if the disabled state is set. The widget sets the selected state whenever the linked -variable is set to the widget's -value, and clears it otherwise. The widget sets the alternate state whenever the linked -variable is unset. (The alternate state may be used to indicate a "tri-state" or "indeterminate" selection.) SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::checkbutton(n), radiobutton(n) KEYWORDS
widget, button, option Tk 8.5 ttk::radiobutton(n)