Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to input the return value (1 or 0) ping cmd to a variable Post 302479718 by Scott on Sunday 12th of December 2010 05:14:30 PM
Old 12-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jao_madn
i guess csh automatically declare the return values of the previous command as status variable
So it does! Who'd have thunk it?

I still think you need the $, though.

Code:
if( $status == 0 ) then

This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl "system" cmd return values..

perl 5.6.1: when i try a "system" command(with if loops for $?), i get this: child exited with value 1 what is meant by this $? values and what does it meant if it returns 1?.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to get system() function executed cmd return value ?

Hi, How I can get system function executed command return value ? I want to know mv command success or not ? #include <stdio.h> main() { int ret; ret = system( "mv x.dat y.dat" ); printf( "system ret:\n", ret ); } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiudhaya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there way to ping and return boolean answer?

Hello im using sunos and i need to somehow ping other sun in the network but geting boolean return and not the "sun is alive" response can it be done ? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: cmd output to input of another script

I want to write a script in KSH that takes the output of one command and redisplays it. Something like: while true do read inpt date +"%I:%M:%S %p <-> $inpt" done and then some how get the output of the ping command to redirect to the input of this script. does that make sense? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl return ips after successful ping

Hi, I have this script in ksh, what it does is loop every ip in the nodes_nso and produced another variable up_nodes_nso of only ip's that are up. nodes_nso=$(cat /var/tmp/nodes.txt) echo "ICMP Tests:" up_nodes_nso="" for ip in ${nodes_nso} ; do ping ${ip} 3 > /dev/null if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to take input from cmd line into file

Hi, I want to be able to write a simple program that takes in input from the command line. I;m am at the level of getchar and putchar. Any examples would be a great help thanks. I intend/prefer also to use the pipe command | eg: input | file1 ---------- Post updated at 04:08 PM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metros
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

input URL into cmd with a alias

I want to run wget "URL" -SO /dev/null 2>&1 | grep "HTTP/\\|Age:\\|Last-Modified:" but I want a alias so I can just type mywget and the URL and it will put the url in the right place and give me the output that I want without having to type that over and over again.:wall: I am newbie to all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: splitradius
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

run cmd based on input

Hi, This is what I have so far but it seems like a lot more than is necessary because....for example...user presses 2 or 3 ..... the script does the *same* thing it just depends on the directory it has to access....how can I improve this so that the code from 2 and 3 is only put once...? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing input into a cmd line that's waiting for a response

Hi, I am writing a little script to update a parameters on JMQ. however the JMQ requires a "y" confirmation to be input as part of the cmd I am running. However I want run this script to offline with no input from a user. it works if a I create a file with with just y in it and pass that in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shropshirehobbi
3 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/var/run//ping-default] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. Defaults to all configured ping nodes. Rarely needs to be specified. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)