Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Modify a record in a unix file Post 302479714 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 12th of December 2010 04:58:05 PM
Old 12-12-2010
Code:
sed 's/, \([^,]\{49\}\)/,\1 /' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated xml record in a file under unix

Hi, If i have a file with xml format, i would like to remove duplicated records and save to a new file. Is it possible...to write script to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify a few field of the record information

Hello, I have the following record in a text file, i would like modify some field: 1 - remove all space between ",", but the company name of word will not delete. Anyway, I can use the following statement to do it. 's/^ *//;s/ *, */,/g;s/ *$//' file 2. field #12, I need to modify to time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to exclude a record from unix file

I want to exclude records from my unix file that have a specific pattern. How can I do this? Thanks. Ryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read record by record from a file in unix

Hi guys, i have a big file with the following format.This includes header(H),detail(D) and trailer(T) information in the file.My problem is i have to search for the character "6h" at 14 th and 15 th position in all the records .if it is there i have to write all those records into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raoscb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify record headers from file

Dear All I was wondering if anybody is able to help me with a script I am struggling with. I have to add comments to the "head-lines" (start with >) from an other file according to the ID tag. Only the head lines should be modified. cat File.txt >H1_A1_A2_A3_A4_ID1_A5 A:B:C:S:E:E:K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loba
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to modify a delimited file using UNIX commands. Please find description

i have a '|' delimited file having 4 fields. now i want to sort the data by combination of first three fields without changing order of 4th field. input file looks like this: 3245|G|kop|45 1329|A|uty|76 9878|K|wer|12 3245|G|kop|15 1329|A|uty|56 9878|K|wer|2 3245|G|kop|105... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgoyal2408
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Modify a file content in UNIX and sort for only required fields ?

I have the below contents in a file after making the below curl call curl ... | grep -E "state|Rno" | paste -sd',\n' | grep "Disconnected" > test "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "5554f1d2" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "10587563" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Hi Everyone, I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file? Please let me know what is the awk command for this? Regards Rakesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
6 Replies
cdb(5)								File Formats Manual							    cdb(5)

NAME
cdb - Constant DataBase file format DESCRIPTION
A cdb database is a single file used to map `keys' to `values', having records of (key,value) pairs. File consists of 3 parts: toc (table of contents), data and index (hash tables). Toc has fixed length of 2048 bytes, containing 256 pointers to hash tables inside index sections. Every pointer consists of position of a hash table in bytes from the beginning of a file, and a size of a hash table in entries, both are 4-bytes (32 bits) unsigned integers in little-endian form. Hash table length may have zero length, meaning that corresponding hash table is empty. Right after toc section, data section follows without any alingment. It consists of series of records, each is a key length, value (data) length, key and value. Again, key and value length are 4-byte unsigned integers. Each next record follows previous without any special alignment. After data section, index (hash tables) section follows. It should be looked to in conjunction with toc section, where each of max 256 hash tables are defined. Index section consists of series of hash tables, with starting position and length defined in toc section. Every hash table is a sequence of records each holds two numbers: key's hash value and record position inside data section (bytes from the begin- ning of a file to first byte of key length starting data record). If record position is zero, then this is an empty hash table slot, pointed to nowhere. CDB hash function is hv = ((hv << 5) + hv) ^ c for every single c byte of a key, starting with hv = 5381. Toc section indexed by (hv % 256), i.e. hash value modulo 256 (number of entries in toc section). In order to find a record, one should: first, compute the hash value (hv) of a key. Second, look to hash table number hv modulo 256. If it is empty, then there is no such key exists. If it is not empty, then third, loop by slots inside that hash table, starting from slot with number hv divided by 256 modulo length of that table, or ((hv / 256) % htlen), searching for this hv in hash table. Stop search on empty slot (if record position is zero) or when all slots was probed (note cyclic search, jumping from end to beginning of a table). When hash value in question is found in hash table, look to key of corresponding record, comparing it with key in question. If them of the same length and equals to each other, then record is found, overwise, repeat with next hash table slot. Note that there may be several records with the same key. SEE ALSO
cdb(1), cdb(3). AUTHOR
The tinycdb package written by Michael Tokarev <mjt@corpit.ru>, based on ideas and shares file format with original cdb library by Dan Bernstein. LICENSE
Public domain. Apr, 2005 cdb(5)