Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding files N hrs old
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding files N hrs old Post 302479688 by BeefStu on Sunday 12th of December 2010 01:10:12 PM
Old 12-12-2010
This is AIX 5.3 and Solaris 2.10. It needs to work in KSH and be portable across these platforms

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TZ out by 12 hrs

Is there a way of setting the TZ for New Zealand. I do not mind if it is only for the logged in session. It makes it hard to understand when files or CRON jobs have run when the time is set to GMT0. Any help will be appreciated. ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying grep to get files only within last 2 hrs

Hi gurus I am currently using the below mentioned grep to find timestamp of last generated log file. touch -t $time_search dummy ecust_time_stamp=$(find . -name 'eCustomerCME*' -newer dummy -type f -exec ls -ltr {} \; | tail -1 | awk ' { print $6,$7,$8 } ') I calculate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for new file over 24 hrs

Hi all, I am trying to figure out a method to flag an error if a file has not arrived in a certain directory within 24 hrs of the last one arriving. I am currently writing the time to a file when a file is recieved. I then want to check for a new file reguarly but flag an error if it has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list files Created in last 2 hrs

I wanted to know what command should I use to see the files created in last 2 hours in a given directory. I know to see the files changed in last one day I can use this: find /admin//dump -type f -ctime -1 -print | xargs ls -lt|pg However I am not getting what should I use if I wanted tol... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsonakiya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files in a directory which are older than 2 hrs

hi all, I need to find files in a directory which are older than N hrs... n can be 1,2,3,.. etc when tried using -mtime option it gives all the files in the last 24hrs from the current time . please help me out on this .. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List last 10 Hrs file and find error files

Hi, I need a script that can search a word "Error" in last 10 Hrs generated logs in /log/App1 and /log/App2 folder.. Note these directories have massive log files ...actually our application generate 100 Log files of size 2MB in just a min so script must be fast enough to cater this I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujtaba khan
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete files older than 24 hrs

I have to retain only 1 day files in my system an I have to delete all the other files which are older than 24 hrs. Please let me know the option I have to give in the find -mtime command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Been working since 25+ hrs: Bash Script to rename files supposedly direct but difficult to execute

:wall::wall::wall: Hi I have horrible script below, need help in renaming ls -l output into new filename format: Desired output: cp -pv original_path/.* newDirectory/owner_of_file.%dd%mm%y.file_extension.first_8_characters_of_original_filename localuser@localuser:~ vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies
PERLOS400(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLOS400(1)

NAME
README.os400 - Perl version 5 on OS/400 DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of IBM's OS/400 operating system that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. By far the easiest way to build Perl for OS/400 is to use the PASE (Portable Application Solutions Environment), for more information see http://www.iseries.ibm.com/developer/factory/pase/index.html This environment allows one to use AIX APIs while programming, and it provides a runtime that allows AIX binaries to execute directly on the PowerPC iSeries. Compiling Perl for OS/400 PASE The recommended way to build Perl for the OS/400 PASE is to build the Perl 5 source code (release 5.8.1 or later) under AIX. The trick is to give a special parameter to the Configure shell script when running it on AIX: sh Configure -DPASE ... The default installation directory of Perl under PASE is /QOpenSys/perl. This can be modified if needed with Configure parameter -Dprefix=/some/dir. Starting from OS/400 V5R2 the IBM Visual Age compiler is supported on OS/400 PASE, so it is possible to build Perl natively on OS/400. The easier way, however, is to compile in AIX, as just described. If you don't want to install the compiled Perl in AIX into /QOpenSys (for packaging it before copying it to PASE), you can use a Configure parameter: -Dinstallprefix=/tmp/QOpenSys/perl. This will cause the "make install" to install everything into that directory, while the installed files still think they are (will be) in /QOpenSys/perl. If building natively on PASE, please do the build under the /QOpenSys directory, since Perl is happier when built on a case sensitive filesystem. Installing Perl in OS/400 PASE If you are compiling on AIX, simply do a "make install" on the AIX box. Once the install finishes, tar up the /QOpenSys/perl directory. Transfer the tarball to the OS/400 using FTP with the following commands: > binary > site namefmt 1 > put perl.tar /QOpenSys Once you have it on, simply bring up a PASE shell and extract the tarball. If you are compiling in PASE, then "make install" is the only thing you will need to do. The default path for perl binary is /QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl. You'll want to symlink /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl to this file so you don't have to modify your path. Using Perl in OS/400 PASE Perl in PASE may be used in the same manner as you would use Perl on AIX. Scripts starting with #!/usr/bin/perl should work if you have /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl symlinked to your perl binary. This will not work if you've done a setuid/setgid or have environment variable PASE_EXEC_QOPENSYS="N". If you have V5R1, you'll need to get the latest PTFs to have this feature. Scripts starting with #!/QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl should always work. Known Problems When compiling in PASE, there is no "oslevel" command. Therefore, you may want to create a script called "oslevel" that echoes the level of AIX that your version of PASE runtime supports. If you're unsure, consult your documentation or use "4.3.3.0". If you have test cases that fail, check for the existence of spool files. The test case may be trying to use a syscall that is not implemented in PASE. To avoid the SIGILL, try setting the PASE_SYSCALL_NOSIGILL environment variable or have a handler for the SIGILL. If you can compile programs for PASE, run the config script and edit config.sh when it gives you the option. If you want to remove fchdir(), which isn't implement in V5R1, simply change the line that says: d_fchdir='define' to d_fchdir='undef' and then compile Perl. The places where fchdir() is used have alternatives for systems that do not have fchdir() available. Perl on ILE There exists a port of Perl to the ILE environment. This port, however, is based quite an old release of Perl, Perl 5.00502 (August 1998). (As of July 2002 the latest release of Perl is 5.8.0, and even 5.6.1 has been out since April 2001.) If you need to run Perl on ILE, though, you may need this older port: http://www.cpan.org/ports/#os400 Note that any Perl release later than 5.00502 has not been ported to ILE. If you need to use Perl in the ILE environment, you may want to consider using Qp2RunPase() to call the PASE version of Perl. AUTHORS
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> Bryan Logan <bryanlog@us.ibm.com> David Larson <larson1@us.ibm.com> perl v5.12.5 2012-11-03 PERLOS400(1)