Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "Use of uninitialized value" in perl Post 302479520 by stunnerz_84 on Saturday 11th of December 2010 03:40:31 AM
Old 12-11-2010
Thanks for the reply.

Basically I am passing the "csv" file as a parameter to the script.
Reading this file in the script like:
@lines=<>;
After this i am splitting the file at commas and writing the data into another array.
open (FL,">>file");
print FL "Print something here\n";
$fname=$fields[0];
$lname=$fields[1]'
$id=$fields[2];
if ($fname eq ' ') {
$fname=$lname;
}
print FL "Write the name=\"$name\" fname=\"$fname\" id=\"$id\" \n";

Thanks!!

---------- Post updated at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:37 AM ----------

Actually I am able to write the data to file though i see these messages. I happened to see in the file that $fname="" $lname="" $id="" ......after it has written some data into the file.
Are these messages considered to be ERRORS or WARNINGS?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl folder list with "..", without ".".

Hi Everyone, if my folder "foldera" inside has one file. so if i do if ($df =~ /^\./) { next; } then i will get ### filea ### if i want to have ### .. filea ### means also display the parent .., how should i modify the perl ~// in my code? Thanks ---------- Post updated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "uninitialized value"

I have the following script: ************************************** #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; use WordNet::Similarity::lesk; use WordNet::QueryData; my $wn = WordNet::QueryData->new(); my $lesk =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RyNye
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl failure with "main::$fn" used only once:" in error logs

Hi all, Can anyone guess why this is happening? I am new to Perl, so please help me to fix this error: - I have a static html file which calls the cgi-perl script. HTML Code: <html> <head> <title> Hey Dude! </title> </head> <body> <form method="POST"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
GETLASTLOGX(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    GETLASTLOGX(3)

NAME
getlastlogx, getutmp, getutmpx, updlastlogx, updwtmpx, utmpxname -- user accounting database functions LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> struct lastlogx * getlastlogx(const char *fname, uid_t uid, struct lastlogx *ll); void getutmp(const struct utmpx *ux, struct utmp *u); void getutmpx(const struct utmp *u, struct utmpx *ux); int updlastlogx(const char *fname, uid_t uid, struct lastlogx *ll); int updwtmpx(const char *file, const struct utmpx *utx); int utmpxname(const char *fname); DESCRIPTION
The getlastlogx() function looks up the entry for the user with user id uid in the lastlogx(5) file given by fname and returns it in ll. If the provided ll is NULL, the necessary space will be allocated by getlastlogx() and should be free()d by the caller. The getutmp() function fills out the entries in the struct utmp u with the data provided in the struct utmpx ux. getutmpx() does the oppo- site, filling out the entries in the struct utmpx ux with the data provided in the struct utmp u, and initializing all the unknown fields to 0. The sole exception is the ut_type field, which will be initialized to USER_PROCESS. The updlastlogx() function tries to update the information for the user with the user id uid in the lastlogx(5) file given by fname with the data supplied in ll. A struct lastlogx is defined like this: struct lastlogx { struct timeval ll_tv; /* time entry was created */ char ll_line[_UTX_LINESIZE]; /* tty name */ char ll_host[_UTX_HOSTSIZE]; /* host name */ struct sockaddr_storage ll_ss; /* address where entry was made from */ }; All the fields should be filled out by the caller. The updwtmpx() function updates the wtmpx(5) file file with the utmpx(5) entry utx. The utmpxname() function sets the default utmpx(5) database file name to fname. RETURN VALUES
getlastlogx() returns the found entry on success, or NULL if it could not open the database, could not find an entry matching uid in there, or could not allocate the necessary space (in case ll was NULL). utmpxname() returns 1 on success, or 0 if the supplied file name was too long or did not end with 'x'. updlastlogx() and updwtmpx() return 0 on success, or -1 in case the database or file respectively could not be opened or the data not written into it. SEE ALSO
endutxent(3), loginx(3), utmpx(5) HISTORY
The functions getutmp(), getutmpx(), updwtmpx(), and utmpxname() first appeared in Solaris. getlastlogx and updlastlogx first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
August 26, 2003 BSD