Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Issue patching, can't find resolution Post 302479431 by System Shock on Friday 10th of December 2010 04:21:32 PM
Old 12-10-2010
Just remove it from patch_order so you can finish patching.
After that, you can check if the patch is actually installed, or attempt to install it by itself.
This User Gave Thanks to System Shock For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find issue

I'm trying to use find command to generate a list of a files w/ a specific extension (.axv), but I would also like to exclude/grep out another directory completely from the search (Archive). I have been poking around various sites/forums and man pages and haven't figured this out. tb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisston
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh login issue after patching

Hi Everybody, Recently i applied patch cluster dated (2009.11.03) for solaris 10 sparc machine(Generic_138888-06) I successfully applied and rebooted the machine , no errors received. But after patching it was not allowing me to login through ssh while telnet was working fine.Logs showed me ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace issue

Hello Guys i am seeking help here is my issue I have several files i need to find "&" char and replcae with & or ' 1) It may be possible that in a file there are several occurance of &, & or ' but need to replace only & whihc does not have amp; and apos; 2)it may be the case out of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find in files issue

So, I'm back with another, pretty much similar question. I've got a catalogue, with about 60k text files. Every file contains a single line of text with variable number of characters. Here are some examples, which will make my case easier to understand: Example file 1. <item id="2506"/><item... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalik
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Resolution Issue Of RedHat Linux In VMWARE

Hi , I Have Installed Red Hat Linux 5 (Guest) In VMWARE And Host Is Windows The Screen Resolution Of Linux Is Less And How To Increase Resolution , When I Am Trying To Install VMWARE Tool It's Just Showing The Below Message Installing the VMware Tools package will greatly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS Resolution Issue

Hello, Having issue resolving DNS using the IP address. Using the server Name it resolves fine. Was wondering if there is any configuration issue. # nslookup xxxxxxxx01 Server: Primary DNS IP Address: Primary DNS IP#53 Name: xxxxxxxx01.local domain Address: x.y.z.123 # nslookup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikn3
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to find cause for empty fstab after patching?

Hi, I patched my RHEL 5.8 using yum update and then followed by updating vmware tools on my Virtual machine ( hosted on Vpshere), This is Oracle Database server. After this when i rebooted - I saw may failed in the console.....with read only filesystem...........cat /etc/fstab was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Fire V245 patching issue

Hi All, I have an server Sun Fire V245 for which we had been trying to patch. We get a message that the patch has been applied successfully but while trying to reboot after activating the new lu, the server is not booting up. Had reinstalled lustarter pack, required patches during the patching... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Issue Patching Secure Shell...

I'm trying to patch an HPUX 11i v3 machine. The file I'm installing is "HP_UX_11i_v3_SecureShell_A.06.20.030._HP-UX_B.11.31_IA_PA.depot". I get the following output in the log: * Reading source for product information. *Reading source for file information. The corequisite ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chambo
3 Replies
patch-metamail(1)					      General Commands Manual						 patch-metamail(1)

NAME
patch-metamail - Install a patch to the latest metamail release SYNOPSIS
patch-metamail source-tree-root patch-number [hostname [dirname [prefix]]] DESCRIPTION
The patch-metamail program will attempt to retreive a patch file for the metamail distribution, using anonymous ftp to a trusted server, and then install that patch in your local copy of the distribution. The first two arguments, which are required, are the root directory of your local copy of the metamail source directory, and the patch num- ber. The former is site-dependent, the latter is patch-dependent. In general, patch-metamail is intended to be called via metamail, with a mailcap entry like the following: application/x-metamail-patch;patch-metamail source-tree-root %{patchnumber}; needsterminal The default values for the host to ftp to, the directory name to retrieve the file from, and the patch file name prefix are hard-wired to thumper.bellcore.com, pub/nsb, and "mm.patch.". While you can override these on the command line, it would be a big mistake to make these parameterized based on the contents of a mail message, because then someone could spoof you into retrieving a new version of metamail with a Trojan horse from their site! However, as long as you retain control over what host and directory the patches are retrieved from, this program is reasonably safe (as safe as the host you're depending on, anyway). SEE ALSO
metamail(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 patch-metamail(1)