Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to see actual filename that File Descriptor is pointing to for a given processID? Post 302479416 by DGPickett on Friday 10th of December 2010 03:26:49 PM
Old 12-10-2010
The files under /proc are imaginary, but the flat files have names that disclose their inode and device. If you cannot "find" a path name (there may be several links), then there are no links, which is to say it has been removed but is still open on one or more processes. For instance, tmpfile() does this so if your proc crashes, the file space is released. Then, your only clue to the original path is the inode contents or the fd # implying an order of opening.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor Help

What is a file descriptor in Unix?? How to find a file descriptor of a file in Unix?? Does it have anything to do with the Inode numbers?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Descriptor

Hello All, Im opening a file desciptor in perl and sending data using print CMD "$xyz". is there a limit to the length of the string that I can give to this CMD at a time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor

Hi What the below path contains? /proc/<pid>/fd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a user interface pointing to a file?

I have to create a user interface in which user can easily update ,delete or insert a new record which is pointing to a file in AIX Server? Using awk,sed ican update ,modify the file. how to create a link to userlike GUI(without using Tomcat,IIS) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open the file and replace the variable with actual value

Hi, i have a sql file named sample.sql. The query is given below. select count(*) from $TABLE_NAME In the main script, i am sourcing this sql. I need to replace the $TABLE_NAME with actual value, before running the query. How can i achieve that? The logic i tried is given below:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unlink and copy actual file

Hello, I have a set of directories, which has inside them, symbolic links to some files. What i would like to do is to covert the links into actual files, i.e. remove the link and copy the actual file here... I tried to see unlink command but i think all it does is delete the link, is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting with file descriptor

hello, Someone can help me with redirectors? I am writing this script in bash enviroment on Fedora: exec 4<> /dev/tcp/10.10.11.30/5000 #open socket in input/output strings<&4 >file.txt & I send file descriptor 4 to string command to purge data stream from special char while come from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rattoeur
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actual SQL instead of using a file from within a shell script

I am very noobish to UNIX, our guy is on vacation so I am trying to take up some slack while he is away. Typically when we use sql from within a shell script, we do so from a file containing the sql. Example: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $ORA_DBCU/$ORA_DBCP @${cron_dir}/${report_file}.sql ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: biobill
10 Replies
glutSetCursor(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutSetCursor(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSetCursor - changes the cursor image of the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSetCursor(int cursor); ARGUMENTS
cursor Name of cursor image to change to. Possible values follow: GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the right. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the left. GLUT_CURSOR_INFO Pointing hand. GLUT_CURSOR_DESTROY Skull & cross bones. GLUT_CURSOR_HELP Question mark. GLUT_CURSOR_CYCLE Arrows rotating in a circle. GLUT_CURSOR_SPRAY Spray can. GLUT_CURSOR_WAIT Wrist watch. GLUT_CURSOR_TEXT Insertion point cursor for text. GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR Simple cross-hair. GLUT_CURSOR_UP_DOWN Bi-directional pointing up & down. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_RIGHT Bi-directional pointing left & right. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_SIDE Arrow pointing to top side. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_SIDE Arrow pointing to bottom side. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_SIDE Arrow pointing to left side. GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_SIDE Arrow pointing to right side. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_FULL_CROSSHAIR Full-screen cross-hair cursor (if possible, otherwise GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR). GLUT_CURSOR_NONE Invisible cursor. GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT Use parent's cursor. DESCRIPTION
glutSetCursor changes the cursor image of the current window. Each call requests the window system change the cursor appropriately. The cursor image when a window is created is GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT. The exact cursor images used are implementation dependent. The intent is for the image to convey the meaning of the cursor name. For a top-level window, GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT uses the default window system cursor. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
GLUT for X uses SGI's _SGI_CROSSHAIR_CURSOR convention to access a full-screen cross-hair cursor if possible. SEE ALSO
glutCreateWindow, glutCreateSubWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSetCursor(3GLUT)