Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No error but not executing
Top Forums Programming No error but not executing Post 302479338 by gokult on Friday 10th of December 2010 11:01:13 AM
Old 12-10-2010
No error but not executing

Hi friends
When I compile thic program by gcc filename, it shows no error.
But after that if I execute the program gets stuck.
Can any one find out.

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<sys/types.h>
#include<sys/mman.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
#include<fcntl.h>
#include<sys/stat.h>
#include<unistd.h>
#include<signal.h>
#include<string.h>

main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
int fd,changes,i,random_spot,kids[2];
struct stat buf;
char *the_file,*starting_string="Finally got it! \n";
size_t length=strlen(the_file);
size_t starting=strlen(starting_string);
if (argc!=2)
{
fprintf(stderr, "Usage %s file_name \n",*argv);
exit(1);
}
if((fd=open(argv[1], O_CREAT | O_RDWR,0666))<0)
{
fprintf(stderr,"open error on file %s\n",*argv);
exit(3);
}
write(fd,starting_string,starting);
if(fstat(fd,&buf)<0)
{
fprintf(stderr,"fstat error on file %s\n",*argv);
exit(4);
}
if((the_file=mmap(0,(size_t)
buf.st_size,PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,MAP_SHARED,fd,0))==(caddr_t)-1)
{
fprintf(stderr,"mmap failure\n");
exit(5);
}
for(i=0;i<length;++i)
{
if(*(the_file+i)>='0' && *(the_file+i)<='9')
*(the_file+i)='*';
sleep(1);
}
printf("Parent done with changes\n");
 printf("The file now contains:\n%s\n",the_file);
exit(0);
}

---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:47 AM ----------

That program has errors ... I changed it and removed all errors.
Now, there is executing error. Check properly

---------- Post updated at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:59 AM ----------

sorry .. it did not show up.. thats y i posted it again

Last edited by pludi; 12-10-2010 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while executing the script

Hello I am executing the following script nawk 'NR == 1 || substr($0,63,5) ~ /H... / && \ _++ == 2 { fn && close(fn); fn = "part_" ++c; _ = 1 } { print > fn }' sample.dat When i execute as it is it is executing fine. but when i execute the whole script as a single line like below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing a script

My script is as below : #!/bin/sh for line in `cat Results.txt` do FEILD1=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $1}'` FEILD2=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $2}'` FEILD3=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $3}'` FEILD4=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $4}'` echo "$FEILD1 $FIELD2 $FIELD3 $FIELD4" done ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwetainnani
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Executing the script.

Hi , I m getting an error after executing the script. My script. Script is used to find out the date on 8 different machines(mentioned in SERVERNAMES file). I have added public key to avoid ssh password and ssh without password working fine. #!/bin/sh fn_VMFind() { Date=`ssh -t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

4. Programming

No error but not executing

Hi friends NO errors, but when I try to execute the program it gets struck. Can any one find it out. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<sys/mman.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<signal.h> #include<string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing script

Please delete de thread. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrih92
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing sh command

Hi, I have 2 files temp1.sh and temp2.sh as follows: =========== temp1.sh =========== echo "session1" sh temp2.sh echo "exit session2 and enter session1" ================================= ============= temp2.sh ============= echo "session2" sh echo "exit session2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
5 Replies

7. Linux

Error executing a variable

greetings, i'll try to keep this simple... i have a script that sets up my environment and creates a command line variable to execute. when i execute the variable i get an error telling me it cannot open one of the files on the command line. the error prints a file name that is definitely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error executing the script

I have the following script test.sh owned by dwdev account and group dwdev, the permissions on the script are as follows. -rw-r-x--- 1 dwdev dwdev 279 Sep 17 13:19 test.sh Groups: cat /etc/group | grep dwdev dwdev:x:704:dwdev dwgroup:x:725:dwdev writers:x:726:dwdev User: cat /etc/passwd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

9. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error when executing script

Hi, I wrote this script to test if the output for DIR1 and DIR2 comes out as I want : #!/bin/bash DAY=$(date +%d) MONTH=$(date +%b) YEAR=$(date +%Y) DIR1=$($MONTH$YEAR"_Blast_BC01") DIR2=$($MONTH$YEAR"_Blast_BC15") echo $DIR1 echo $DIR2 This is the output I want for echo $DIR1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
12 Replies
klcc(1) 							  H. Peter Anvin							   klcc(1)

NAME
klcc - compile a program against klibc SYNOPSIS
klcc [gcc options] [-o outfile] infile... DESCRIPTION
klcc is a wrapper around gcc(1) and ld(1) which compiles and links a program against the klibc tiny C library. It supports most gcc options. Unlike gcc, klcc compiles with optimization on by default. Furthermore, the optimization level used depends on whether or not -g is speci- fied, since klcc frequently uses options in the normal case which makes debugging impossible. Therefore, compile without -g, -O, -f or -m option to use the default optimization level; this will generally result in the smallest binaries. You may want to use -s when linking, however. Use -O0 to compile without any optimization whatsoever; this may not work depending on the version of gcc used. -nostdinc allows to turn off klibc include files. Use the -shared or -static option to compile for and link against shared or static klibc. Note that shared klibc only supports running against the exact same klibc binary as the binary was linked with. In addition to standard gcc options, klcc supports options of the form -print-klibc-option, which prints the corresponding klibc configura- tion option. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 H. Peter Anvin - All Rights Reserved Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MER- CHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) klibc 1 March 2005 klcc(1)