Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to format command output Post 302479291 by anurag.singh on Friday 10th of December 2010 08:34:08 AM
Old 12-10-2010
This will put all alerts and command outout in same file
Code:

ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java | nawk -v threshold=<VALUE> '$2 > threshold {print $1,"has crossed the threshold value of cpu";} $2 <= threshold {print;}' > outputFile

If you need it in different files then
All alerts in one file
Code:
ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java | nawk -v threshold=<VALUE> '$2 > threshold {print $1,"has crossed the threshold value of cpu";}' > alertFile

Rest in another file
Code:
ps -eo pid,pcpu,args | sort +1n | grep -i java | nawk -v threshold=<VALUE> '$2 <= threshold {print;}' > outputFile

And content of alertFile can be sent as email using mailx command.
Something like (verify mailx path):
Code:
/usr/sbin/mailx -s "Your Subject" ADDRESS_EMAIL < alertFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing shell script command output

I am trying to check to see if a file exists on a ftp server, well, I know that cant be done, atleast directly, So I came up with this small script ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD cd public_html/crap dir $FILE quit END_SCRIPT Where the $ variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designflaw
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading command output from shell script

Hi List, How to read the output of a command executed from a script. For ex. sample_scritp.sh ------------- useradd testuser1 password testuser1 .... ..... -------------- This prompts for "password", and "confirm password", for which i need to give the values from script. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri b
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating command output (shell script )

Hello, in a script i would like to evaluate a command output with a grep, for example, to know if the parameter defined by the user is in the output. Something like: the_command | grep $1 Please, how is the way to evalulate in this a script, like if echo "incorrect parameter, not in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell script - output of top command

I have written shell script to send file as an attachemt of email and output of "top -o res" command as email body. it works fine if i execute manually from prompt but it does not send "top -o res" command output in email body when it is executed via crontab. Any suggestions. My script is below:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to replace output of command

Hi I would like to write a shell script which replace particular text in output of a shell command. For example : If I execute pwd (if dir is /users/master/) it should display as - /users/Master_directory/. Also, for generalising the script I would like to receive parameters when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script to format output report

i am new to unix shell scripting, could someone please help me. i was asked to develop a unix script and requirement of the script is as follows: 1. In source directory, if any new files are being dropped by external system then an email should be sent out with a message saying "files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crefi1545
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pipe command output to shell script?

Hi Team, Need a help on how to pipe a command out put to a shell script. My shell script looks like below. cat shell_script #!/usr/bin/ksh input =$@ echo " we are inside the shell script" echo " here are the input parameters" .......................... .................. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
11 Replies

9. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
XChangePointerControl(3X11)					     MIT X11R4					       XChangePointerControl(3X11)

Name
       XChangePointerControl, XGetPointerControl - control pointer

Syntax
       XChangePointerControl(display, do_accel, do_threshold, accel_numerator, accel_denominator, threshold)
	  Display *display;
	  Bool do_accel, do_threshold;
	  int accel_numerator, accel_denominator;
	  int threshold;

XGetPointerControl(display, accel_numerator_return, accel_denominator_return, threshold_return)
	  Display *display;
	  int *accel_numerator_return, *accel_denominator_return;
	  int *threshold_return;

Arguments
       accel_denominator
		 Specifies the denominator for the acceleration multiplier.

accel_denominator_return
		 Returns the denominator for the acceleration multiplier.

accel_numerator
		 Specifies the numerator for the acceleration multiplier.

accel_numerator_return
		 Returns the numerator for the acceleration multiplier.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

do_accel  Specifies a Boolean value that controls whether the values for the accel_numerator or accel_denominator are used.

do_threshold
		 Specifies a Boolean value that controls whether the value for the threshold is used.

threshold Specifies the acceleration threshold.

threshold_return
		 Returns the acceleration threshold.

Description
       The function defines how the pointing device moves.  The acceleration, expressed as a fraction, is a multiplier for movement.  For example,
       specifying 3/1 means the pointer moves three times as fast as normal.  The fraction may be rounded arbitrarily by the X server.	Accelera-
       tion only takes effect if the pointer moves more than threshold pixels at once and only applies to the amount beyond the value in the
       threshold argument.  Setting a value to -1 restores the default.  The values of the do_accel and do_threshold arguments must be for the
       pointer values to be set, or the parameters are unchanged.  Negative values (other than -1) generate a error, as does a zero value for the
       accel_denominator argument.

can generate a error.

The function returns the pointer's current acceleration multiplier and acceleration threshold.

Diagnostics
       Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

See Also
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XChangePointerControl(3X11)